Christine McCann MBACP Accred CBT Psychotherapist/Lecturer (Dip and Cert)
- Individual, Couples and Family CBT Therapy and Counselling
- Student and Practitioner Supervision
- CBT and Counselling Lecturer at Introduction, Certificate and Diploma Level
- Mindfulness Teacher for Individuals and Groups
- Qualified Hatha Yoga Teacher (500YTT) for Individuals and Groups
- Qualified Accessible Yoga Practitioner
I am an Accredited Member of BACP and a COSCA Accredited Diploma Course Tutor, teaching at Certificate and Diploma Level. I have also completed Mindfulness Teacher Training and Qualified as a Hatha Yoga Teacher.
Offering an approach which is grounded in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for those who are seeking Counselling, Therapy, Training, Supervision, Mindfulness and Yoga. I offer private appointments for adults and children and currently operate from offices which are centrally located in Alloa and also in Glasgow City Centre.
Supervision and Tutoring - supporting students and practitioners with respect of their chosen therapeutic orientation. Building a trusting collaborative relationship which explores evidence based practice, theories, skill development, contracting, ethics and boundaries, functions of supervision, working with diversity and power and how the practitioner works within their contexts and role.
After working with many people with eating disorder, historical and recent abuse and shame and guilt, I wanted to offer a therapeutic approach that is more holistic than just working with the mind, so I trained as a yoga teacher to also help people to connect to their body/breath. I have a compassionate and supportive approach to yoga - you can find further details on my social media profiles. www.peachyyoga.com
I have had many years of working in the voluntary sector with adults and children who are experiencing major changes, difficulties and crisis in their lives. I have been employed and volunteered in a variety of settings over the last 20 years which include setting up a Crisis Food Bank and Befriending Service with Start-Up Stirling, setting up a pilot counselling service for young people with Action in Mind and providing support in High School and College settings. I am also experienced in working extensively with EAP and Private Health Companies.
Member of BACP, COSCA and British Wheel of Yoga
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Wheel of Yoga Diploma (500YTT)
- COSCA Accreditation as Tutor to Diploma Level
- Professional Development Award in Teaching in Scotland's Colleges
- British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course
- NHS Motivational Interviewing Coach for Qualified Counsellors/Therapists
- Mindfulness Association Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) Teacher Training
- Strathclyde University Certificate in Supervision
- Mindfulness Association Certificate in Mindfulness
- BACP Certifcate of Accreditation
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Centre of Therapy Diploma in Counselling and Group Work (CBT Approach)
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling
- Alcohol Focus Scotland Counselling Course (Substance Misuse)
- NHS Scottish Mental Health First Aid
- NHS Drugs Awareness and First Aid
- HNC in Working with Communities
- Youth Work Training
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy an Counselling Fees
- £40.00 Individual session
- £50.00 Couple/Family session
- £5-6 per class
- £20.00 per individual session
- £40 per hour
Offering a reduction in fees to those who are experiencing financial hardship or have a low income.
Concessions offered for
Located in Alloa near Stirling and also in Glasgow City Centre.
Main office in Alloa Business Centre, has extensive car parking facilities, good bus services and is within five minutes walk from the railway station and town centre facilities. The premises is in a discreet location and part of a larger business space, with a reception area and is also suitable for disabled access.
Glasgow meeting rooms by arrangement located near Charing Cross, Glasgow.