Marie Clare Considine Counsellor MSc BACP (Accred). Supervisor
Your life story/Diversity is as individual as your fingerprint and therefore your choices in counselling clearly will be indvidual to you. I am an experienced Counsellor and will enable you to talk and explore your problems offering you a professional interest in your difficulties whilst offering a compassionate and very human response so that you can be real about your problems. Together we will move forward. I will not give you any advice or judge you I am there to facilitate a space for you to make your own decisions.
I have worked with bereavement, anxiety, stress, work and relationship issues, adult survivors of child sexual abuse and victims of domestic violence and post traumatic stress disorder. Why not contact me me to discuss your unique situation or e-mail me to see if I am the best person to help you.
My office is situated in an Podiatrist Practice and I also work from home in Bexley. I can provide you with a safe and confidential environment. The idea of sharing with a stranger your deepest most personal experience can be anxiety provoking. I would like to assure you I have worked hard to enable you to trust me and keep working hard to make sure I do not do you any harm. I am an accredited counsellor which means I have proved that I have met and continue to meet the standards and competences as a professional counsellor stipulated by the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and my devotion to best practice and my personal passion for the counselling profession. I am also a counselling supervisor offering ongoing supervision to other counsellors in clinical practice. I offer counselling to student counsellors and individual adults.
I work in an Integrative way which means I tailor my counselling to each individual using several distinct models of counselling. I hope you will find me welcoming and warm so that together we will work to understand and interpret/ make conscious any troublesome feelings and relationships from the present and past.This therapy will be developed at your pace and with your consent. My hope is that our relationship will develop into a comfortable yet professional place where you can be yourself and actually enjoy your counselling and feel that I am genuine in wanting to help you to make your own choices about your life and concerns.
I gained a masters in counselling from the University of Greenwich and I am an accredited counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy since 2009.. I have a Diploma in Supervision and I am able to offer supervision to counsellors in groups and individual counselling supervision. Pre 2008 I have specialised in bereavement and loss and worked in general counselling at GP surgeries. I now work self employed as a counsellor for employee assistance plans and have been in private practice working with local people/individuals/ counsellors and trainee counsellors in private practice since 2008.
Training, qualifications & experience
Marie Clare Considine - MSc
- I am an experienced counsellor I have a masters qualification in Integrative Counselling, A post graduate Qualification in Integrative Counselling and a Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling.
- An accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.(BACP) Accredited Counsellor continuous since 2009 .
- I have volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care working long term with clients between 2006 and 2010. I am an accredited bereavement counsellor
- I have worked at doctors surgeries.
- I have been in private practice working self employed since 2008. I work with adult individuals over 18 including student counsellors.
- I am teaching part time on the Masters in Integrative Counselling at The University of Greenwich .
- I currently take referrals from workplaces who use an employment assistance plan and provide counselling to employees who have stress at work or at home.
- I also offer counselling supervision to trainee counsellors and qualified counsellors in practice as I have qualified to Diploma level to supervise Counsellors in Groups and individually.
- I am self employed working with adults over 18
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- The Duration of the counselling session is 50 minutes.
Adult Individuals Counselling = £45.00 per session
Student Counsellors = £33.00 per session
- (Students having long term therapy as part of a counselling course)
- Supervision of Counsellors - Rates for trainee Counsellors and Qualified Counsellors.
£50.00 per hour
- Sessions are paid by cash or cheque after the session
- Currently I am offering appointments most days apart from Sundays subject to availability.
I will maintain appropriate Boundaries in Counselling. This might mean agreeing a contract, sticking to time limits, and not socialising with patients and arranging appropriate insurance, continual professional development and supervision.
Counsellors have clinical supervision, which means that I have supervision to ensure that I am working effectively with you. This means that aspects of your case will be shared/disclosed to the supervisor but they will not share the confidence with anyone else. Any details which would identify you are not shared e.g. your name or organisation.
Supervision is a requirement of the BACP Code of ethics and practiced to keep you safe.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am happy to see you Monday and then Wednesday to Saturday 9am until (6pm Last appointment. Last appointment Saturday 2pm) .
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Marie Considine - SUPERVISOR Bexley and Swanley.View supervision profile