Marie Clare Considine Counsellor MSc BACP (Accred). Supervisor
My Individual Counselling - Corona-virus and Mental Health Notice - Face to Face counselling is now suspended to keep you the patient and me your potential counsellor safe. All concerns and life challenges will be via telephone and on line. I am a Qualified Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor of other counsellors but I am offering a professional human response with a history of working in a way where the relationship is the key between us.
Your life story/Diversity is as individual as your fingerprint and therefore your choices in finding a counsellor clearly will be individual to you. I am an experienced Counsellor and will enable you to talk and explore your problems offering you a professional interest in your difficulties whilst offering a compassionate response so that you can be real about your problems. Together we will move forward. I will not give you any advice or judge you I am there to facilitate a space for you to make your own decisions.
I have worked with bereavement, anxiety, stress, work and relationship issues, adult survivors of child sexual abuse and victims of domestic violence and post traumatic stress disorder. Why not contact me me to discuss your unique situation or e-mail me to see if I am the best person to help you. I can provide you with a safe and confidential time but you will need to have a confidential space to talk to me. ( In this time of periods of isolation people have been very inventive ) The idea of sharing with a stranger your deepest most personal experience can be anxiety provoking. I would like to assure you I have worked hard to enable you to trust me and keep working hard to make sure I do not do you any harm. I am an accredited counsellor which means I have proved that I have met and continue to meet the standards and competences as a professional counsellor stipulated by the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and my devotion to best practice and my personal passion for the counselling profession. I am also a counselling supervisor offering ongoing supervision to other counsellors in clinical practice and student counsellors.
I work in an Integrative way which means I tailor my counselling to each individual using several distinct models of counselling. I hope you will find me welcoming and warm so that together we will work to understand and interpret/ make conscious any troublesome feelings and relationships from the present and past.This therapy will be developed at your pace and with your consent. My hope is that our relationship will develop into a comfortable yet professional place where you can be yourself and actually enjoy your counselling and feel that I am genuine in wanting to help you to make your own choices about your life and concerns.
I gained a masters in counselling from the University of Greenwich and I am an accredited counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy since 2009.. I have a Diploma in Supervision and I am able to offer supervision to counsellors in groups and individual counselling supervision. Pre 2008 I have specialised in bereavement and loss and worked in general counselling at GP surgeries. I now work self employed as a counsellor for employee assistance plans and have been in private practice working with local people/individuals/ counsellors and trainee counsellors in private practice since 2008.
Training, qualifications & experience
Marie Clare Considine - MSc
- I am an experienced counsellor I have a masters qualification in Integrative Counselling, A post graduate Qualification in Integrative Counselling and a Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling.
- An accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.(BACP) Accredited Counsellor continuous since 2009 .
- I have volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care working long term with clients between 2006 and 2010. I am an accredited bereavement counsellor
- I have worked at doctors surgeries.
- I have been in private practice working self employed since 2008. I work with adult individuals over 18 including student counsellors.
- I am teaching part time on the Masters in Integrative Counselling at The University of Greenwich .
- I currently take referrals from workplaces who use an employment assistance plan and provide counselling to employees who have stress at work or at home.
- I also offer counselling supervision to trainee counsellors and qualified counsellors in practice as I have qualified to Diploma level to supervise Counsellors in Groups and individually.
- I am self employed working with adults over 18
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Duration of the counselling session is 50 minutes.
Adult Individuals Counselling = £45.00 per session
Student Counsellors = £33.00 per session
- (Students having long term therapy as part of a counselling course)
- Supervision of Counsellors - Rates for trainee Counsellors and Qualified Counsellors.
£50.00 per hour
- Sessions are paid byash or chequ ce after the session
- Currently I am offering appointments most days apart from Sundays subject to availability.
I will maintain appropriate Boundaries in Counselling. This might mean agreeing a contract, sticking to time limits, and not socialising with patients and arranging appropriate insurance, continual professional development and supervision.
Counsellors have clinical supervision, which means that I have supervision to ensure that I am working effectively with you. This means that aspects of your case will be shared/disclosed to the supervisor but they will not share the confidence with anyone else. Any details which would identify you are not shared e.g. your name or organisation.
Supervision is a requirement of the BACP Code of ethics and practiced to keep you safe.