BACP Accr. Psychotherapist, EMDR , IFS & EFT Practitioner
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a fully qualified, bacp accredited and registered psychotherapist and EMDR and Gestalt Counsellor. I am also one of only a few trained therapists in the UK in the fast growing and evidence based Internal Family System (IFS) approach, devised by Richard Schwarz, PhD. IFS is a hugely fascinating yet straight forward and clear model of the human psyche, which makes it easy to understand one's thought patterns and behaviours . It offers a beautifully respectful and gentle way of working towards reducing pain and suffering in mind and body. To find out more, go to www.selfleadership.org.
I have worked in education abroad for 15 years and since qualifying as a counsellor and psychotherapist I have worked in a very busy GP surgery and a variety of educational settings. I have also run a Counselling Service for a very vibrant and busy organisation in the inner city of Birmingham and at present I am part of a team at a Birmingham Health Clinic and work in private practice.
- Accredited member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (bacp)
- Registered with the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors/Psychotherapists (UKRCP)
Code of Ethics
- I adhere to the BACP code of ethics
- I demonstrate the capacity for independent, competent, ethical practice
- I receive regular clinical supervision
- I undertake ongoing professional development
- I have valid Professional Civil Liability Insurance
How I work
My aim is to meet you wherever you are in your life right now and to help you make the changes you want to make.
All my work is inspired by my fascination with life itself and the way it is uniquely expressed through each and every one of us. I honour the diversity of my clients and I see it as my responsibility to tailor our work to your needs and personality. As part of this individual approach we will discuss whether focused, short term work or medium to long term psychotherapy would be most beneficial for you. Throughout the therapeutic process I offer you professional insights with care, always keeping in mind that even though our roles are different, we are equal in value as people. My aim is to empower you to discover the capacity and wisdom within yourself to live your life well and give it direction and purpose.
My work is based on a clearly defined and professionally safeguarded therapeutic relationship which provides a framework for identifying and exploring the thoughts, feelings, behaviours and physical experiences you want to change. As an expression of this relationship I invite you into a dialogue using our spoken language of words as well as the unspoken voice of the arts and our bodies. This enables you to uniquely express yourself from deeply within where we all hold experiences that are beyond words. My aim is to help you develop a supportive and energising relationship with yourself which in turn will allow you to relate better to other people and to the world around you.
In my work I am passionate about inspiring you to love your life afresh, live it with joy and hold on to hope where things are challenging. I offer you a great variety of therapeutic techniques to stimulate your mental and emotional explorations and to inspire you to be creative in the changes you want to make in your life. I also encourage you to use these techniques in your everyday life at home and at work and experience how life can be different.
Here I have listed some techniques we might use in our work together:
Psychotherapy, Gestalt Counselling, EMDR, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Internal Family System (IFS), Expressive Art Therapy, Mind-Body Strategies for Holistic Health & Well being, Inner Child Work, Creative Visualization, Relaxation techniques
Problems you can get help with
- Emotional Issues such as depression, post natal depression, anger, general anxiety disorder, panic attacks, bereavement, stress, trauma, self harm, low self esteem, sexual-emotional-and domestic abuse, PTSD
- Physical Issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Infertility (ivf), psychosomatic symptoms
- Contact me for your initial FREE 30 min consultation conducted over the phone
- No obligation to book further appointments
- Appointments available Mo-Fri from 8am to 8pm and Sat 9am-1pm
- Every consultation is conducted in complete confidence
- All appointments after the initial free consultation will be face to face appointments at Harborne Complementary Health Clinic (11 bus route)or at my Private Practice (61,62,63 bus route). FREE parking at either location.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
- Certificate in EFT
- EMDR Practitioner
- Birth Art Practitioner
- Training in Body Psychotherapy
- Training in Somatic Experiencing
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Free initial online session
- FREE initial 20 min consultation conducted via zoom - so it couldn't be easier
- £60 for 60 min
- Payment via bank transfer is required before each session
- Your money goes further than you think. I give 10% of my income to charitable causes such as clean water projects, homes for street children and social projects for disadvantaged people
When I work
Other language: German