Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I provide in-person, face-to-face psychotherapy & counselling for individuals. I am a senior-accredited psychotherapist & counsellor with 20 years experience.
Having an initial, introductory meeting as a fist step can help you feel more certain about whether to engage in therapy. This session is available at a reduced rate.
In counselling, short or medium term therapy can help you address a specific problem. In psychotherapy longer-term work will help you focus on deeper issues.
I have extensive training and experience of working with different forms of anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, and stress. Other issues that people bring to therapy, such as bi-polar disorder, personality disorders and complex patterns of relating, GAD (generalised anxiety disorder), panic attacks, and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), are issues I also have training and experience in as a psychotherapist.
How can therapy help you?
Talking to someone who gives you their total attention and empathy can help you see yourself and your situation more clearly. It can release you from being alone with difficult or confusing thoughts and feelings. Seeing them in a new light can clarify them and help you see a way through, and may enable you to work out what—and how—you want to change.
It may also help you come to terms and cope more effectively with those things you cannot change.
A little more about myself
As a supervisor I oversee the work of other psychotherapists, counsellors and clinical therapists in the West Midlands. I have worked as a psychotherapist and counsellor in universities, mental health agencies, and in the private sector. I previously taught on the University of Warwick’s counselling & psychotherapy programme – a nationally recognised BACP accredited course. I have over 20 years experience of consultancy and coaching for individuals in public and private organisations. I have appeared on BBC Radio Shropshire sharing my perspective and experience on men's mental health and anger management.
As a Senior Accredited member of the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) my practice is monitored by a qualified counselling supervisor and is bound by the NCPS Code of Ethics.
Registered with the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), I am also registered with the ICO (the UK government data protection office).
Each session, usually on a weekly basis, normally lasts for 1 hour.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision (University of Gloucester)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic and Professional Practice (University of Warwick)
- Senior Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Advanced Post-Diploma Cert in Couples Counselling (Milton Keynes)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (University of Warwick, BACP Accredited)
AEB Certificate in the Theory and Practice of Counselling (Central School of Counselling)
- British Psychological Society: Certificate in Occupational Assessment - Levels A & B
- Drugs & Alcohol: Contexts for Counselling (CCC - Contact Ceredigion)
- Suicide, Self-harm: Contexts for Counselling (Aberystwyth University)
- Suicide & Self-harm Seminars (Tavistock Institute, London)
- Mindfulness & Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT): Theory & Practice (Therapy Challenges)
- Group Facilitation CPD Parts I & II (University of Strathclyde)
- Psychopathology in Counselling Seminar (University of Warwick)
- Sexual Abuse in Childhood (University of Aberystwyth)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Psychotherapy (University of Aberystwyth)
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Complex and embedded anxiety disorders, including OCD, acute stress and panic disorders;
- Trauma & PTSD, including symptoms of dissociation from past or recent trauma.
- Depressive disorders, including major depression, dysthymia, and bi-polar disorder;
- Working with men: anger & violence issues; identity & purpose; bereavement & loneliness; relationship difficulties; sexuality.
£65.00 per session
Initial exploratory meeting (1 hour): £55
Sessions are usually arranged on a weekly basis.
When I work
Daytime appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, until late afternoon.