Edward Giles - MBACP Accred
01785 606907 / 07946 704171
My work covers and has covered a very wide range of issues which has given me a depth of experiences, which alongside my training, enables me to offer broad perspectives and varying approaches that allow me to work with you in the most effective way, offering you the opportunity to explore, understand and overcome your issues, allowing you to be able to 'move on'.
I work with individuals and couples, ranging from personal and emotional difficulities, relationship difficulities, mental health issues, eating disorders or just being 'stuck in a rut' and not sure where to go or how to get there.
In addition, I specialise in anger management, please visit my related website The Anger Surgery
I have worked as a counsellor since 2001 using an integrative approach, gaining BACP acrditation in 2009. This approach includes Person Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Brief Intervention Therapy (SFBT) Gestalt and Transactional Analysis (TA).
Sessions are normally 50 minutes long, though this can be extended by negoiation, if you/we feel there is a particular need/benefit.
I was born in 1961 and have worked and lived in a variety of places around the country and feel that I have gained a valuable insight into the 'bigger picture' of people and life.
Life offers us many challenges that we may have difficulty working through. It can be at these times that we may need the help of a counsellor to find a way forward that best suits your needs.
Counselling takes place in a warm and comfortable, purpose-built timber building which is quiet and peaceful, in Stafford, Staffordshire.
I offer an open, non-judgemental, confidential approach to issues brought to session/s and use my knowledge and understanding of people, how they react and respond, together with your knowledge of yourself to help you find or achieve what you are looking for.
I am grounded, accepting, open and committed to provide you with the best professional service I am able to offer.
My previous / present experience covers:
- Working for Mid Staffs MIND with mental health issues, as a counsellor
- Working for a local bereavement and loss charity as a counsellor, supervisor and trainer
- Anger Management
- Couples / marriage counselling
- Working with prisioners and staff at various local prisons as a counsellor
- Worked for the Probation Service with people referred by the courts who have issues around alcohol and drugs, as a counsellor
- Worked for a local alcohol and drug service, as a counsellor
Clients are referred to me by:
- Social Services
- The Police
- The Prison Service
- G.P. surgeries
- Community Mental Health Team
- Community Projects
- Employee Assistance Programmes
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Counselling 2003
BACP accreditation in 2009
Since 2003, I have attended various additional courses covering:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Intervention Therapt(SFBT)
- Anger management
- Couples counselling
- Domestic Violence
- Bereavement and Loss
- Drug Awareness
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Working with sex offenders
- Personal development
- Personal Awareness
- Teaching counselling skills level 1 and 3 at a local College
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Depression, Anxiety, phobias; Bereavement and Loss, Anger Management, Low self-confidence, Low self-esteem; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Drug dependance, Alcohol dependence,
- Eating disorders
- Communication skills, Assertiveness; work-related issues
- Conflict and Mediation
- Couples / marriage counselling. Relationship issues; Issues of sexuality
- Termination, Miscarriage; Postnatal depression
- Traumatic Childhood experience, issues related to children and parenting
- Survivors of rape, Sexual abuse, Bullying, Physical abuse
- Self Harm
£40.00 for a 50 minute session for individuals.
£50:00 for a 50 minute session for couples.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and as such I adhere to their framework for ethical practice. (www.bacp.co.uk)
My Stafford base is on a main bus route, on the A34 with bus stops opposite 'Windsor Road' (shown as small blue squares on Google maps) with a 3 to 5 minute walk to where I work from. Please see map at bottom of the page.
There is off road parking available and you are welcome to park at the side of the road.
At My Wolverhampton base, there are many public car parks within a short walk as well as excellent public transport links.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|