Ian Davis.B.Sc. M.A. B.A.C.P Senior Accred
As a counselor and clinical supervisor with over twenty years post qualification experience I hope the following will give you a sense of how I work.
1. My main aim is to provide a safe, quiet and therapeutic space, in which a relationship of trust can develop.
2. I have found that clients who have, or develop, a meaning or personal philosophy to their lives, tend to feel more fulfilled.
3. Exploring personal histories and how childhood experiences, both positive and negative, have helped shape our present is a key part of healing. But we also need to avoid getting caught up in the 'drama' of our stories and allowing them to determine or limit our lives.
4. I believe we need to learn to 'tread lightly' in life , which does not mean not living deeply and intensely,but does mean consciously trying to avoid being sucked into the heaviness of self despair and pity.
5. Mindfulness and meditation can help this process, allowing us to gently and compassionately notice and be curious about our lives.
6.I always try to be sensitive to issues around race, culture, sexuality, gender, disability and other 'differences'. I avoid making assumptiond and respect a client's choices and autonomy at all times.
7. I look forward to hearing from you. My website is claphamoldtowncounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Econ (Hons ) 1978
Diploma Integrative Psychosynthesis Counselling 1996
BACP Accredited Counsellor 2000
M.A Cultural Astronomy 2008
BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor 2008
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fee for a fifty minute session is £65 . I have reduced fees for those on low incomes. Couples counselling is £70
In addition I keep two counselilng spaces free of charge for those with no regular income, although donations are accepted .These are for short term counselling only, usually six sessions.