• Home
  • >Sally Clark MBACP (Senior Accredited Counsellor)

Sally Clark MBACP (Senior Accredited Counsellor)

Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23
01442 822 052 01442 822 052 07799 586 333 07799 586 333 Registered / Accredited

About me

If you are looking for individual or couples counselling in the Tring area, do give me a call. I work with a wide variety of issues and offer both short term and ongoing counselling according to need. I use the following models of counselling: CBT,  Solution-focussed,  Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Relationship Counselling and Psychodynamic therapy.

- I have practised as a counsellor since 1996, and became accredited in 2001. In 2009, I was granted Senior Practitioner Status.

As well as working with adults and couples, I work with children and young people. I'm also available for Parenting Issues.

I am a Trauma Specialist.

As the result of critical incidents I have worked onsite for organisations as a trauma counsellor.

I supervise counsellors and medical staff and am involved in training.

My practce is in Tring, Hertfordshire.

Training, qualifications & experience

- Initial counselling training was at Counselling Consultancy Oxford, accredited by Oxford Brookes University (1996).
- Trained with the Oxford Christian Institute for Counselling.
- Trained as a couples counsellor with Relate.
- Completed Trauma Training and Advanced Trauma Training with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute. - Critical Incident training at Bristol University. I am a Trauma Specialist.

My Diploma in Supervision was with Cascade.

Prior to my counselling career, I was a primary teacher and a teacher of the deaf.

- Available for training in trauma, mindfulness and counselling related subjects, and have experience of training medical staff, teachers, counsellors, trauma departments, EAPs, social workers. Please contact me to discuss terms and costs.

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy

BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.

Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.

All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.

Accredited register membership

British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Accredited Register Scheme

The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).

This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.

Other areas of counselling I deal with

When working with young children, I use play as well as conversation.

I have a particular interest in relationship counselling, parenting issues and in working with trauma (including PTSD) and abuse.

I also work with spiritual issues.

Therapies offered

  • Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
  • Couples counselling
  • Family/systemic therapy
  • Humanistic therapies
  • Integrative
  • Mindfulness
  • Person-centred therapy
  • Play therapy
  • Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
  • Psychodynamic therapy


£50.00 per hour. Concessions available to those who qualify.

Available Mondays and Tuesdays in the daytime, and weekday evenings.

Further information

My work includes telephone counselling and Case Management for an EAP.
Previously, I worked as a counsellor in Primary Care, and for a University counselling service, a young peoples counselling agency, and an adult counselling agency. In the latter, I was responsible for assessments, training, and working with patients with mental illness and involved in psychiatric services.

I offer supervision for various organisations and privately.


Type of session

In person
Home visits

Practical details

Sign language
Other languages None


Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair-accessible premises should have step-free access for wheelchair users and individuals who are unable to climb stairs. If a counsellor's premises aren't step-free, they may offer alternative services such as telephone/web-based appointments, home visits, or meeting clients in different location, so you can choose the option that suits you best.

You can contact the counsellor to discuss the options available.

Under the Equality Act 2010 service providers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that individuals with disabilities can access their service. You can read more about reasonable adjustments to help you to access services on the CAB website.

Wheelchair user access Unspecified


Mondays, Tuesdays and evening spaces from 6.30pm

Types of client

Young people
Older adults


Supervision available

Sally Clark MBACP (Senior Accredited Counsellor)

Sally Clark MBACP (Senior Accredited Counsellor)

Save profile Saved Call me

Call options


01442 822 052 01442 822 052


07799 586 333 07799 586 333
Message me