The Richmond Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (RCPS)
2019- The RCPS -
Established in Richmond since 1994
Also in Oxshott KT22
1. Short term and Long term individual therapy
2. Couples Therapy - in Richmond TW9 and Oxshott, KT22
3. Therapy for adults/ parents caring for disabled children
4. Student therapists will be allocated an experienced therapist at £45 per weekly session at the RCPS.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT -
- Give us a call to describe you difficulties and let us know what you are looking for
- Your calls will be returned as soon as possible so please leave a brief messages
- An assessments will be booked, this will last one hour and the fee for this meeting is £40.00 but at the RCPS fees are always negotiable
- Therapy happens once a week for an hour, you will be invoiced monthly for sessions received. And payments, via bank transfer
- All sessions are confidential and we take data protection seriously
In Richmond only -
4. Tai chi - Monday evenings and Wednesday afternoons and evenings.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since 1994, the RCPS has provided therapy at an affordable rate. This has been achieved by the use of integrative therapy such as relational-exploratory therapy, CBT, existential, and mindfulness methods.
Currently 80% of our therapists are fully qualified. The remaining therapists are in the process of completing a long term and recognised by UKCP, BACP or BPS training courses.
All therapists are in personal therapy/ self development and attend fortnightly supervision (at the RCPS) as a way of monitoring and supporting clinical practice.
The Management Team are all accredited psychotherapists.
(Updated April 2019).
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling we deal with
- Mindfullness/CBT/ Existentialist/Psychodynamic and Humanistic trained therapists also bring this technique to the work they do at the RCPS.
- Couples' Therapy Service, Addiction, Eating disorders
Maria B Thieme/ RCPS 07900 210 829
2019 - Placements and CPD
- Please email Maria B Thieme for further information. Interviews take place throughout the year. They will start again in May 2019.
- CPD - The RCPS runs a monthly study group. Its' purpose is enrich our knowledge, maintain our interest in the work and fulfilling our commitment to continual professional development. (March 2019)
Photos & videos
Sessions are negotiable.
Assessments/ Fees - £40.00 usually(RCPS).
BURSARIES ARE AVAILABLE PLEASE DISCUSS THIS WHEN YOU CONTACT THE RCPS' COORDINATOR.
Maria B Thieme, the Co-ordinator, is an UKCP accredited psychotherapist, and trained supervisor with a BSc in Psychology. Her experience began with managing a Community Mental Health home in Surbiton for four years and at the Star and Garter Home for eight years as part of the medical team at that time.
Since 1994 she has been running the Richmond Counselling and Psychotherapy Service holding assessment meetings, interviewing prospective clients, supervising therapists. And looking after the administrative and financial aspects of the Service.
For individual sessions/ supervision in Oxshott please call
07900 210829 to arrange an initial meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Portuguese, French|
The two RCPS rooms are situated on the ground floor and next to it a large wheel chair accessible toilet. All step free access.
Daytime or evening appointments to be negotiated.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an UKCP accredited psychotherapist since 2003, and trained supervisor with Cascade and The Centre for Transpersonal Psychotherapy, I have a BSc in Psychology.