I have been offering a confidential service working with couples, individual and groups for the over 30yrs. Specialising in couple counselling, relationship and family counselling and psycho-sexual therapy and working with abusers and victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual abuse.
I am married and have 3 grown up children and 2 granddaughters.
I enjoy exercising and eating out as well as travel.
I have been working across a variety of the media for over 15yrs promoting healthy and respectful relationships.
I have worked with a variety of corporate organisations developing materials for use with MS and Menopause as well as being invited to talk at a variety of global meetings/conferences and acting as a consultant on management issues.
More recently i have been involved in the development and supervision of new services for those who perpetrate domestic abuse and the survivors.
I am a qualified supervisor offering supervision to health care professionals, therapists, trustees and managers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Relate Certificate in Couple Counselling (theory & practice)
- Diploma in Psycho-sexual therapy
- Relate Institute Supervisor Training certificate
- Essential Supervision Skills -BPS LC Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate of Systemic Practice Yr1 at Foundation Level in Family Therapy
- National Open College Network Group Skills (theory and practice) for Trainer
- Transactional Analysis - TA101 Foundation course
- Working therapeutically with Mindfulness - British Mindfulness Institute
- Online Counselling - Relate
- Self-compassion - COURAGE works
- NLP Diploma in Coaching
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Managing emotions, your own and those of others.
Breaking Bad News
Employee Assist Counselling
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
£60 per hour
Member of COSRT, Reg. member BACP(Accred)
I offer Skype and telephone counselling and supervision.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
Although my counselling room is upstairs i can accommodate clients downstairs.
I offer flexible appointment times both daytime and evening, Monday to Friday. Appointments as early as 8am are available. The last evening appointment offered is 7.30pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained and qualified as a supervisor in 2007, with Relate.