Pia de Silva
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by life’s many challenges? Perhaps you’re in a dilemma, finding it hard to make a decision. You may be feeling anxious or stressed, unable to cope. You may have gone through a life-changing experience, such as bereavement, disability or other loss. Or are the demands of work so unrelenting, you cannot switch off and long for a work-life balance?
How Counselling Therapy can help
It can be very beneficial to talking to a counsellor, someone who listens to you without judging, who will help you express your feelings and discover your own answers.
A highly experienced and qualified therapist, I am based both in Enfield (North London) and London Bridge/Borough (close to the City of London). I work with both individuals and couples.
I offer a safe, confidential environment where you can explore at your own pace whatever is troubling you. My approach to counselling therapy is warm and welcoming, supportive and professional. I provide a space where you can talk, reflect and gain insights that can have a real, positive impact on your life.
Over the years I have worked with clients, both individuals and couples, on issues such as:
- Anxiety and depression, and loss of confidence
- Bereavement and loss, and traumatic experiences
- Couples, partner, marriage difficulties (intimacy, infidelity, jealousy)
- Living with illness or disability (yours or someone you love)
- Work-related stress (fast pace of change, use of technology, long/unsocial hours)
Please do visit my website where you will find much more about the way I work and how counselling therapy can help whether in Enfield or London Bridge.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited, Registered Psychotherapist & Counsellor
- Certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapist (5 year training)
- Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) adhering to their ethical guidelines for good practice.
I hold qualifications in counselling, couples work, online counselling (video, email & instant messaging). You can find full details on my website.
My experience includes:
- 12 years’ in private practice working with diverse client issues
- Counsellor for leading sight loss charity
- Trauma therapist with London-based NHS hospital
- Addiction therapist with private addiction centres
- Counselling with Employee Assistance Programmes
Previously, a Senior Manager in Investment Banking for many years, providing me with personal knowledge of the demands of the workplace.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Grief & loss
Mental health issues
Sexual and cultural minorities
Fees are agreed at the time of booking, and vary depending on location.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and Saturdays in Enfield, EN1; Friday mornings in London Bridge, SE1.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|