Tania Glyde MBACP
Counselling and psychotherapy in North and Central London. I specialise in:
- Sex and relationships
- Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities (LGBTQIA+, BDSM/kink, non-monogamy, sex work)
- Addiction and recovery
- I offer online counselling via Skype and phone.
- I work with many different issues, including depression and anxiety.
- I also offer relationship counselling for couples and other configurations.
Why come to therapy?
You may be experiencing depression or generalised anxiety. You might be dealing with a crisis, or reflecting on why your life is stuck in a repeating pattern with no apparent way out. Perhaps you are facing physical health issues, or you are being judged and labelled for something you have no control over. I'm coming on the journey with you - a problem shared is a problem halved.
More about my special interests:
• Sex and relationships
I've had a number of clients come and ask me if they are 'allowed' to bring sexual issues. My answer is very much yes. There may be something in your sexual life or history that is holding back your relationships and affecting your self-esteem. You might have found yourself part of what I call the 'Fifty Shades generation', inspired to explore your deeper sexual self, and you've suddenly realised you're travelling without a map or compass.
• Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities
I welcome all GSRD (Gender, Sex and Relationship Diversities) identified clients, which includes LGBTQIA+ and those who identify as kinky and/or non-monogamous, and sex workers. A major focus of my work is to make psychotherapy accessible to people who might previously have felt pathologised, and may even now shy away from coming for help in case the therapist tries to 'convert' them. Gay conversion therapy may have been banned by many regulatory bodies, but it still can occur with clients who are trans, into BDSM, non-monogamous or asexual.
The issues you may want to bring to therapy might have nothing directly to do with your sexuality, gender, orientation, lifestyle or anything else. Whatever you would like to bring, I can offer you a safe space to bring it.
• Addiction and recovery
I'm 14 years sober. I can support you through your first steps to this fundamental life change, whether or not you've been attending a 12 step group.
• Relationship counselling (AKA couples therapy)
If two (or more) of you are trying to work something out together, I can help. I will sit with you, witness what’s going on, and help you find a way of managing things so that they seem less overwhelming. Sessions with two people are generally longer and can be more structured to give you time to say what you need to say.
How many sessions?
We can arrange a fixed number of times to meet, or you can come for as long as you're finding it useful and beneficial.
North London practice: I work in Kentish Town NW5, which is accessible from Camden NW1, Kings Cross St Pancras, Hampstead NW3, Highgate N6, Archway N6, Holloway N7, Islington N1 and Euston. Kentish Town tube. Overground at Gospel Oak.
Central London practice: Easily accessible from Bond Street, Oxford Circus and Green Park tubes. Close to Marylebone and Soho.
Am I kinky? And is this a problem?
Infidelity – Deception is even more exciting than sex
Are you stuck on the Sex Escalator?
Am I a Sex Addict?
So you don't enjoy penis-in-vagina sex? You're not alone http://londoncentralcounselling.com/2015/07/22/so-you-dont-enjoy-penis-in-vagina-sex-youre-not-alone/
BDSM - Psychotherapy's Grey Area
Training, qualifications & experience
I am now offering trainings on gender and sexuality in the therapy room, and related topics.
In 2014 I started the group practice London Sex and Relationships Therapy (http://londonsexrelationshiptherapy.com). Seven of us offer inclusive and contemporary sex and relationships therapy, and we also offer training.
I write for the Lancet and Lancet Psychiatry (http://www.thelancet.com/).
I have a blog at http://londoncentralcounselling.com/blog/
- Honorary Psychotherapist at Bexley Psychotherapy service, Oxleas NHS Trust (2012-14). My main focus was on clients with a personality disorder diagnosis (particularly BPD/EUPD). I also worked with maternal and other bereavement, addiction, sexual identity, somatisation, social isolation, suicidal ideation, self harm, depression/anxiety, age issues, OCD, child abuse, and codependency.
- Counsellor at the Centre for Better Health in Hackney (2012-13). I worked with a number of client issues, including depression/anxiety, abusive relationships, child abuse, phobias, bereavement, identity, anger.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling from the Minster Centre in Queen’s Park, London.
- AIT (Advanced Integrative Therapy) Basics
- Mental Health First Aid (Camden Council)
- BA in English Literature from Magdalen College, Oxford.
- I am a registered member of the BACP.
- I am fully insured.
- I attend regular supervision, both because my BACP membership requires it, and because it enables me to offer the best possible service to you.
I am an author and I have also worked in the media and broadcasting. I've done a lot of work promoting sexual awareness through journalism and charity work. I was freelance for a long time. While there are many advantages to the freelance life, the unpredictable nature of it means that it’s not always a holding environment. I have experience of balancing life with the aspects of yourself and your past that are stopping you moving on and being your best self.
I’ve been in therapy myself and I've had a wide variety of experiences. I know that any therapist you choose has to be a good fit. You have the right to take time finding the person you're going to share so much with. If you've been put off by a past counselling relationship, or somehow didn't find yourself connecting, I hope you feel you can try again.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The body and somatic experiencing
- Family estrangement
- Social media
North London Practice
• £60 for a 50-minute session.
• Couples: £90 for an hour and 20 minutes.
Central London Practice
• £60-80 for 50 minutes (individuals)
• Couples £110 (1 hr 20m)
• £60 (50m) / Couples £90 (1hr 20)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for further details.
Types of client