Linda Harris MSc., Reg. MBACP
01933 353308 / 07850 524191
I have been working within the field of mental health for almost 25 years, and have accumulated a wealth of training and experience.
I provide both long and short term Integrative therapy to suit your needs, and work to a high standard of confidentiality.
I am a very non-judgemental and open minded therapist, and offer a very safe place for you to work through issues that are troubling you.These can be to do with relationship difficulties, anxiety, or depression.
I can offer Animal Assisted Therapy if you would like to explore this way of working, but this is only provided following a discussion around how this may help you.
Please feel free to call me in order to discuss any questions you may have, I am very timely in responding to e-mail enquiries.
I currently have availability in Podington.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. (Master of Science) Counselling Degree from the University of Northampton
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills
- Transactional Analysis
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Management of Violence and Aggression
- MARAC - Domestic Violence
- SOVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults)
- Practice Risk Assessment
- Suicide Management
- Understanding Kink and BDSM
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Barnados Thematic Workshop - Neglect
- Advanced Care Management - Milton Keynes College
- Understanding and Working With Females in Detention
- Qualified First Aider
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- QCF - PTLLS
- Over 25 years experience within the NHS
- Supporting adults within a mental health inpatient setting, assessment unit and Crisis Team
- Observing and safeguarding high profile and vulnerable prisoners in maximum security HMP's
- Circles of Support and Accountability
- Experience of supporting informal Carers
- Management of community homes for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Registered Home Manager qualified
- Appropriate Adult role within Criminal Justice Centres
- Counselling within charitable organisations
- Immigration Service Detention and cultural diversity
- Adult nursing within hospital setting including outpatients, A&E, and ICU
- Reiki Practitioner
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Offending behaviour
Photos & videos
£40 (concessions available)
Counselling students £25.
I am a 'Kink Aware' therapist.
I have full professional indemnity insurance, enhanced DBS, and Home Office clearance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have current evening and weekend availability in Podington.
Types of client