Edinburgh South Counselling
07740678218 / 07740678218
I'm an experienced counsellor and supervisor , working with individuals and couples at my practice on Causewayside or online via Skype. My counselling appoach can help with a range of issues including;
- Relationship issues
- Low self confidence and self esteem
- Abusive relationships
- Affairs and betrayals
- University student issues
- Separation and divorce
- Grief and loss
- Feeling sad
- Career issues
- Stress management
I offer a safe, confidential, and caring space where together we can explore your issues and concerns, help you gain understanding and new perspectives, and explore ways to bring about positive change and new balance to your life. A place to be heard, be taken seriously, but without judgement
- I am an experienced qualified Counsellor , a member of the BACP, on the BACP Register accredited by the Department of Health,and fully insured for my work.
- I am also a qualified counselling supervisor. and on the University of Edinburgh approved list of supervisors.
I understand that choosing a Counsellor can be difficult, you need to be sure the person you’ve chosen is the right one for you and feel comfortable working with them, and to help you in this I'm happy to have a chat on the phone before you make your decision, or offer you a low cost 30 minute informal consultation.
I see my clients in a comfortable private room with natural light, at the South Side Centre on Causewayside, near the Meadows, with buses and on street metered parking nearby.
This centre is very near to Edinburgh University and I am experienced at supporting students, both international and UK based.
I also offer online appointments via Skype . If you live outside of Edinburgh, or if your work takes you away from the city and you find it difficult to attend regularly , this can be a way of maintaining continuity and support. I'm happy to offer you a 30 minute online meeting for £15 for you to try this method out for yourself.
You can call me on 07740678218 or send an email; either way if I’m not immediately available I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
If you would like to know more about my professional background please go to my LinkedIn profile:
Also further information can be found on my website www.edinburghsouthcounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Person-Centered Counselling from the University of Strathclyde
Postgraduate Diploma in Training Management (CIPD Cranfield University)
Certificate in Stress Management (OCR)
Certificate in Creative Supervision (UKCP)
Stress management techniques
Rape and sexual abuse
Springboard Women's Development Programme
Coaching and Mentoring
- 2 years at the PF Counselling Service in Edinburgh as a Volunteer Counsellor
- 6 years in the Third Sector, responsible for an employability mentoring project , recruiting , training, supporting and supervising 20 volunteer mentors.
- 26 years experience of coaching and mentoring individuals across a wide range of areas e.g. career transitions, stress management, personal development, employability, assertiveness and improving confidence and intercultural transitions.
- My professional background includes senior management and staff development roles in the recruitment sector , with extensive experience of employability and other career issues including workplace relationship difficulties and workplace bullying and stress
- 17 years experience of delivering the Springboard Women's Development Programme.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Student mental health
- Loneliness and isolation
- Issues connected with aging and later life
- PMS and PMD
- Carer support
Photos & videos
£15 per 30 minute initial meeting/consultation , either face to face or online
Thereafter the fees are:
£55 per 50 minute session for individual counselling ( some concessions are available, e.g. students, seniors and low waged) please enquire.
£50 per 60 minute session for supervision for counsellors and others in caring roles, ( concessions available for students and newly qualified counsellors)
£65 per 60 minute session for couple counselling
Fees for all appointments are payable by cash/cheque at the end of each session, or by online banking payment prior to your appointment.
I work from a bright cosy private room at The Southside Centre on Causewayside, very near to the Meadows, with on street metered parking and bus stops nearby.
My location is close to Edinburgh University and I have considerable experience in supporting University students, especially those from outside the UK..
Further information can be found on my website, www.edinburghsouthcounselling.com
Skype counselling and supervision sessions are also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Face to face daytime and evening appointments or Skype sessions by arrangement.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I'm a qualified supervisor and on the Edinburgh University approved supervisor list.View supervision profile