I am a UKCP Registered Clinical Supervisor for psychological therapists. I currently supervise trainees, newly qualified and experienced psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists (clinical and counselling). I work integratively and relationally, drawing on a number of theoretical perspectives and techniques to provide an additional reflective perspective on the supervisees clinical work. My aim as a supervisor is to help the supervisee broaden and/or fine tune their focus, to contact deeper meaning and greater creativity. Essential to good supervision is an open and robust relationship. I offer a non-judgmental, warm, supportive and good-humoured professional relationship.
As a practicing psychotherapist, I am UKCP registered integrative adult individual psychotherapist currently working in private practice in London. I integrate thinking and techniques from MBT, CAT and Somatic Experiencing Trauma therapy.
My previous work included NHS secondary care (mood and personality disorders) as an individual CAT psychotherapist and assessor and as part of an MDT as an MBT psychotherapist. I am currently also a group supervisor at Brent Bereavement Services.
I currently work online or from my home in Shoreditch, Central East London
- UKCP REGISTERED PSYCHOTHERAPIST IN PRIVATE PRACTICE (CURRENT)
- UKCP REGISTERED SUPERVISOR AND TRAINER IN PRIVATE PRACTICE (CURRENT)
- CLINICAL SUPERVISOR BRENT BEREAVEMENT COUNSELLING SERVICES (CURRENT)
- DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL ATTACHMENT NETWORK (IAN)
- MBT PSYCHOTHERAPIST, IPTT LAMBETH, SOUTH LONDON & MAUDSLEY NHS TRUST
- CAT PSYCHOTHERAPIST & ASSESSOR, IPTT SOUTHWARK, SOUTH LONDON & MAUDSLEY TRUST
- PSYCHODYNAMIC PSYCHOTHERAPIST, FULHAM & HAMMERSMITH MIND
- INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIST, ELMS, EAST LONDON UKCP
- SOMATIC EXPERIENCING CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER IN TRAINING (SOSI)
- POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN ATTACHMENT THEORY (IAN)
- PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN SUPERVISION (MINSTER CENTRE, LONDON)
- TRAINED IN REFLECTIVE FUNCTIONING INVENTORY (AAI) (ANNA FREUD CENTRE & UCL) PRACTITIONERS CERTIFICATE IN MENTALISATION BASED THERAPY (MBT) (ANNA FREUD CENTRE & UCL)
- INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPY, PG CERT, PG DIP (DIST), ADV PG DIP INTEG. (REGENTS COLLEGE, LONDON)
- MA, TRINITY COLLEGE, DUBLIN
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.