I am a qualified integrative supervisor, providing supportive supervision for both qualified and trainee counsellors. I specialise in providing formative and developmental supervision to new and trainee counsellors. As a former Clinical Team Leader at a busy community based counselling service, managing and providing clinical support to a team of 50+ counsellors, I developed the skills and knowledge to support counsellors at the beginning of their careers, helping them to become reflective, knowledgeable and grounded counsellors.
Whatever stage you are at in your career, I'm committed to providing high quality supervision and I believe that good supervision has the following functions:
- Enabling you to present and review your work and to receive support, constructive feedback and guidance.
- Helping you develop knowledge, skills and competence by reflecting on how you are working.
- Identifying and monitoring professional learning and development needs, interests and goals and exploring how these could be met.
- Constructively discussing the resolution of any conflict that may arise between us (the supervisor and the supervisee) and/or other agencies involved.
- Providing space for more general reflection on the impact and experience of the work.
- Supporting your overall growth in confidence, competence, and creativity as a counselling practitioner.
If you are interested in being supervised by me, please feel free to get in touch.