I aim to provide clinical supervision that energises & stimulates your continued growth and development for the benefit of your clients and you.
My approach is influenced by humanistic, integrative modalities with an interest in existentialism. I’ve over 25 years experience of providing clinical supervision and hold a British Psychological Society Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
I combine Proctor’s 3 Function Model and Page & Wosket's Cyclical Model of supervision. These are useful frameworks to guide our work together.
Proctor’s 3 Function’s:
Formative function (Learning)
- Clinical supervision attends to expanding the skills, abilities and understandings of the supervisee.
Restorative function (Support)
- Clinical supervision attends to how client work impacts the supervisee.
Normative function (Accountability)
- Clinical supervision attends to the safety and effectiveness of the supervisee’s practice.
Both my Clinical and Supervisory practice is informed by the BACP’s Ethical Framework & Professional Guidelines.
The BACP describes the functions of supervision as being to:
- assist in the development of the reflective practitioner
- support the therapist
- maximise the effectiveness of the therapeutic relationship
- monitor/ safeguard the interests of the client
- maintain ethical standards as set out in the Ethical Framework
Our work together will be a respectful, supportive, collaborative style that both enables and gently challenges us, with the aim of facilitating continued professional growth and development.
Online supervision sessions can be booked at calendly.com/nigeldawson