Zoe Karaviotis BA (Hons) MBACP
My name is Zoe and I am a fully qualified and insured professional Person-centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and am based in Weymouth working in Dorset. I also hold a current DBS certificate.
I have previously worked as a counsellor within the NHS in Dorset and also with Somerset Partnership NHS. I also worked with a Dorset charity specialising in working with adult survivors of childhood abuse and have experience of working with a wide range of individuals and issues, from a variety of different backgrounds.
I am able to work with clients who are D/deaf or hard of hearing (can use BSL) autistic, Aspergers, have learning difficulties or who have disabilities/abilities, mobility or medical issues. I am able to adapt my work to suit individual needs.
I offer long term or shorter term work and flexible contracts to meet clients needs and am happy to work with local companies, health care services and employment assisted programmes.
I value individuality, difference, honesty and integrity. I respect you finding your own path, being entirely yourself and building trust and connection with you. I believe in the right therapeutic environment people can be empowered to find their own answers when they feel ready and in their own time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dip (HE) Person-centred Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Introduction to Counselling Skills.
Other qualifications include:
- BTEC Professional Development Certificate Communication Support Worker for Deaf People (in Further Education)
- CACDP Certificate in Communication and guiding Skills with deafblind
- CACDP Stage 2 Certificate in British Sign Language
- CACDP Stage 1 Certificate in British Sign Language
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
The fee is £45 per session, the first introductory session is discounted at £30.
Concessions are available for clients with restricted income. For example; low paid or part time employment, retired people living on state pension, in receipt of benefits or if you are a student.
Fees can be negotiated to a figure, that is affordable to you, for the duration of our work together.
Please contact me to discuss your circumstances.
Can use British Sign Language with clients.
Building - Room ground floor. Wheelchair friendly.
Free car park in office grounds.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday 9 am to 7 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|