Yvette Winstone BSc (hons) Psych,PG Dip Counselling (CBT), MBACP
Life is fast paced and can be stressful, many of us experience difficulties in which we may need help with, and by reading this you have taken that first step.
I like to work with people to overcome their difficulties and to start living life to the full again, focussing on well-being.
I have a range of experience working with children and adults and I have previously worked for five years in supported housing with service-users who have complex mental health problems. I also worked for one year working as a voluntary Counsellor for Mind, and successfully completed a three year degree in psychology and counselling including researching and writing a dissertation on mental illness and stigma.
Couples therapy CBCT
Often a couple can face struggles and conflict. I can offer Cognitive Behavioural couples therapy, with the main focus being Intervention and prevention. Here I will help the couple to explore what is going on in their relationship and teach them new communication skills and techniques, to hopefully put their relationship back on track. (CBCT) is a highly efficacious approach for assisting couples experiencing relationship distress
If you feel I can help you please contact me for a chat about your needs.
I work In the Bridgend and Swansea areas
Iam happy to answer any enquiries and questions you may have
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cognitive Behavioural Couple Therapy Training
- Adolescent development and substance misuse Training
- Applied Suicide intervention skills training (ASIST)
- Self harm awareness
- Post graduate degree in Counselling (CBT)
- BSc (hons) Degree in Psychology and counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have currently just completed my training in Consultative supervision at the University of South Wales. I am qualified to work with Therapists who work with both adults and children. I also offer Group supervision.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
my standard fee is £45 per 55 minute session, but I offer a discount for people on limited or no income.
Fees are payable either in advance or at the session. Payment is accepted by cash or cheque or PayPal (but not by credit or debit card - sorry).
£65 for Couples
I offer Supervision for therapist working with adults and Children.
I also offer group supervision.
Please contact me for more details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Im flexible so get in touch to discuss what time is best for you