Xanthia Hamer - Dragonfly Counselling
I am a private counsellor providing therapy to young people in schools/colleges, to individual adults and to couples seeking relationship counselling. In sessions I offer a therapeutic space to support individuals coping with day to day life, processing big life events and living with mental health disorders. With training in various counselling approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy, relational therapy and person centered counselling, I use an integrative approach tailoring the counselling to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
A qualified accredited counsellor with the ACC.
BACP (British association for counselling and psychotherapy) member.
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling along with training in CBT, couples therapy, and trauma therapy.
Experience working in various settings, with adults and children as young as 13. DBS checked. Insured.
- Worked for St. Georges day centre Bolton (Seeing adults of all ages).
- I have been providing counselling services in schools and sixth forms since 2015 (ages 13 to 18).
- Worked for Relate (seeing couples).
- Seeing private clients since 2017 at my office in Bolton
I currently work at schools and sixth forms 3 days per week on a weekly basis alongside seeing individuals and couples at my Bolton based counselling room.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- Discounts available for reasons such as student or job seeker etc.
- £15 introductory sessions available for individuals
- £15 introductory session for couples
- Individual sessions lasting 1 hour, cost £35. More options available
- Couples counselling sessions lasting 1 hour, cost £40. More options available
- Daytime, weekend and evening appointments available
The professional counselling service is held at Claremont House Bolton, with parking available. Appointments can be booked in daytime and evenings to meet your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays: 11:00 - 20:00
Wednesdays: 16:30 - 19:30
Saturdays: 9:00 - 15:00
Types of client