Tina Young ~ B.Ed. (Hons), Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, MNCS, MBACP,
I am a fully qualified and experienced Person-Centred counsellor with my own private practice in Greetland, Halifax. Additionally I work part-time in a Pastoral role within a local school and I am a volunteer counsellor at Noah's Ark Counselling and Psychotherapy Services in Ovenden.
Working in the Person-Centred Approach means I offer one to one counselling, in a non-judgemental and non-directive way. I advocate this approach as I enjoy helping people realise their potential and become who they want to be! This approach particularly helps those who are drawn to exploring their own thoughts and feelings without being judged. Counselling is not about 'fixing' problems as such, it is about changing your understanding and view of the problems, enabling you to work towards living in a way that you find more satisfying. In essence, it is 'talking therapy'. I specialise in working with teenagers and adults. Additionally, I also specialise in working with presenting concerns such as depression, abuse and sexual abuse, self-harm, eating disorders, relationship issues and anxiety.
I offer a free initial consultation as I believe it is important for us both to feel comfortable working together in order to move forward in a professional therapeutic relationship. Counselling will take place at a convenient time in a safe and confidential space where you are able to explore issues that you chose to bring to the sessions. I am located on a main bus route near to town and there is plenty of space to park for free nearby. I also offer Face Time and Skype counselling. Together we will explore issues which are causing problems and work towards freeing you from them. In my experience, it can be difficult at times but also fulfilling and rewarding as you progress through your journey.
COVID-19 Mental Health Support - Feeling Anxious? I offer Video and Teletherapy. Please get in touch for pay-per-session if you wish to talk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully Qualified Counsellor ~ Professional Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Member of National Counselling Society (MNCS Accred) which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
- Member of British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP) working to the Ethical Framework
- Fully Qualified Teacher ~ Bachelor of Education with Honours (B.Ed. Hons) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Pastoral Support and Learning Mentor at local primary school
- Qualified Nurture Teacher ~ Theory and Practice of Nurture Groups (NGN) using Boxall Profiles
- NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Volunteer Counsellor at Noah's Ark Counselling Centre working with Adults and Young People
- Previous volunteer as an active listener at Samaritans, Halifax, specialising in teenagers and young people
- Over 12 years' experience working with young children (4-11 years)
"Tina, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and approach with *child. *Child loves your sessions and has so much respect for you and thinks very highly of you. I know a few parents who have children with mental health problems and I have no hesitation in recommending you as I think you are quite fantastic'. Parent L.
"Hugely helpful in finding my own coping strategies." Simon.
"Made a genuine difference to my life - thank you!" M.
"" I felt safe, respected and valued." Anon.
"I felt respected and valued during my therapy." JS.
"Tina provided a safe place for me to talk about my issues. I feel happy talking with her in confidence.' AW.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
COVID - 19 Mental Health Support - Feeling Anxious? I offer Video and Tele-therapy. Please get in touch for pay-per-session therapy if you wish to talk.
Photos & videos
£30 - £40 sliding scale per therapeutic hour (between 50-60 minutes).
FaceTime or Skype sessions also available.
Student discount available.
I offer a free initial consultation lasting around 20-30 minutes which can be done over the telephone as I believe it is important for us both to feel comfortable working together.
Please do not hesitate to email or ring me to discuss arranging a meeting or if you would like any further information. I am also able to accommodate evening and weekend appointments to fit in with busy lifestyles.
COVID-19 Mental Health Support - Feeling Anxious? I offer Video and Tele-therapy. Please get in touch for pay-per-session if you wish to talk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments are available Tues afternoons, some evenings and weekends however I will respond to emails usually within 4 hours.
Types of client