Tayeba Jaleel MSc, MBACP (Accred) Child, Adolescent and Adult Therapist
I am a professionally qualified and highly experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist, Clinical Supervisor and an EMDR Trained Therapist working with children, adolescents and adults. My therapy practice is based on Moorland Road, just off Wilmslow Road in Didsbury.
Events, experiences or triggers can cause anxiety, depression and or relationship problems at some stage in our lives, making our everyday life very difficult. Unwanted memories, fear, trauma and habits we don't understand and cannot give up, can cause emotional turmoil. At these times we cannot make sense of life's puzzle, since non of the pieces are obvious to us in that moment. Counselling can help put some of those pieces together, helping us to see the whys and the wherefore. It can eventually help us to see a clearer picture, working towards positive change and understanding.
My areas of expertise include; trauma and abuse, eating disorders, attachment difficulties, relationships, anxiety and depression, loss and bereavement and self-harm. I also have an interest in psychosomatic illness, on how the emotions can affect your body.
Working with children and adolescents
I work with children and young people aged 5 to 15 who may be experiencing emotional, behavioural and communication difficulties associated with any of the following:
- loss and bereavement
- parental separation and divorce
- bullying, low self-esteem
- anxiety and stress
- eating disorders
- abuse or neglect
- adoption and fostering
Children and adolescents usually use play and art making as a way to express themselves and to work through worries and concerns. This can:
- promote emotional and social well-being
- build self-esteem and confidence
- explore difficult feelings in a safe space
- encourage self-expression
- improve communication and relationships
- encourage greater social awareness
- develop boundaries
- relationships and trust
- explore body awareness and personal space.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 15 years post qualifying experience of working as a therapist with children, adolescents and adults both in Manchester and in London at various well known treatment facilities.
My main training is psychodynamic and attachment based, which is based on the idea that our patterns of relating to ourselves and others are formed in the earliest years of our life. As such, I aim to help clients identify the emotional core of the difficulty they are experiencing so that we can work to resolve it in the present. In addition, I have undertaken specialist training to work with children and adolescents and am highly experienced in engaging youngsters. I am also trained in a variety of specialist trauma treatments, including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), and work with the full range of traumatic experience, including childhood abuse, sexual violence and torture.
I have been privileged to study at a number of centres of national and global excellence in counselling, and psychotherapy where I have undertaken the following trainings:
- EMDR Attachment-Focused Healing of Complex
Trauma Training with Dr Laurel Parnell
- R-TEP & G-TEP EMDR Trauma Response Training with Elan Shapiro
- EMDR Practitioner Training - Levels 1-3 with Michael Patterson
- Trauma Focussed CBT for Children and Young People with PTSD
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- MSc (Dist) in Attachment, Trauma and Loss
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytical Observational Studies
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- Trauma and Dissociation
- Trauma and Dissociation in Children
- EMDR and Trauma
- Trauma and Mindfulness: Effective Interventions
- PTSD + Complex PTSD from an Attachment Perspective
- Certificate in Attachment Theory in Clinical Practice
- Concepts and Skills in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Integrating CBT into Practice
I am committed to my ongoing professional development and attend regular conferences, workshops and training. I have regular consultations with other practitioners each month to remain fully abreast of current issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
£50- £75 per session
Some reduced rate slots are available for trainees/students or those in financial difficulty.
I offer a safe, warm and confidential space for you to talk openly and freely about any issues which may be causing distress. Whether it's relationship or family issues, anxiety, depression, affairs and betrayals, low self-esteem or any other issue, acknowledging that you may need to discuss difficulties can be a very daunting task, and taking the first step to contacting someone is a brave step on a journey that can ultimately provide much relief and be very rewarding.
You can call me on 07779 795681 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
All communications are completely confidential.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri Saturday mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|