The Helios Foundation
116 Judd Street
I have an MA in Core Process Psychotherapy and I am registered with the UKCP.
The 'Core Process' method is a mindfulness-based approach, whereby awareness and mindfulness are applied to explore any issues and difficulties arising in everyday life, with the ultimate aim of bringing forth individual’s inherent inner health and wellbeing.
Core Process psychotherapy is designed to work by helping individuals become aware of personality shaping processes and to see ways in which it contributes to their suffering.
More specifically, it helps individuals to:
• Slow down their automatic conditioned processes so that these can be examined closely and where necessary, adjusted.
• Access psychological material that was previously hidden so that it can be processed in a safe and confidential environment.
• Connect with their core state and catalyse their natural tendency toward a healthy existence.
Some of the conditions that can be addressed with Core Process Psychotherapy
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Post-Traumatic stress
- Eating disorders
- Bereavement, grief, and loss
- Adjustment/transition problems
Duration and Fees
I offer 1 hour-long weekly sessions.
During the initial session, the issues that might be addressed in therapy are discussed. A further 6 sessions are usually then arranged, at the end of which a review of the work so far takes place and a decision is made for the best way forward.
Core Process is a long-term therapy but can be used for any shorter duration if there is a focus on a particular issue or question.
The initial session is Free of charge.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA in Core Process Psychotherapy awarded by Middlesex University.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial session up to 60 minutes is free of charge, thereafter:
East Sussex: £40/h
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client