Tanya Ratcliff Counselling. FdSc. MBACP
My name is Tanya Ratcliff, I'm a registered MBACP counsellor based in Central Bristol, at various locations near Cheltenham Road, BS6 and in East Bristol, Sycamore House, Kingswood Estate, BS15 near Hanham. I have been offering counselling support since 2011 within the mental health and substance misuse sector.
If you're considering Counselling, you're probably experiencing some emotional challenges. Perhaps you’re feeling stuck or your struggling with loss, relationships and uncertainty. Battling feelings of depression, worthlessness, anxiety, or stress, you may even be experiencing a variety of physical symptoms.
I offer confidential private one to one counselling with adults of all ages on a variety of issues and have highly specialist knowledge and experience within:
- Alcohol/gambling addiction
- Bereavement grief and loss
- Depression and low mood
- Feeling stuck - patterns of thinking and behaviours
- Low self-confidence, self-esteem, belief
- Life changes
- Stress and burnout
I don’t believe there is a ‘one size fits all’ solution to counselling, everyone is unique, and our bespoke one to one sessions of counselling will reflect this.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a FdSc in Counselling from the University of Bristol. In my professional practice I work as a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor, which basically means you are at the centre of our work and will steer the direction we go in. I will cherry-pick from a variety of appropriate therapeutic counselling approaches to help and guide the process. I have over 8 years’ experience working with the following approaches in:
- Person Centred,
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT),
- Motivational Interviewing (MI),
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I have continued to develop my knowledge and have a high level of experience working in the field of Mental Health and Addiction. Offering counselling support at The Addiction Recovery Agency, Bristol Drugs Project, and Developing Health and Independence. Completing additional training in:
- Gamcare - gambling counselling training,
- Neuropharmacology and Drugs Training,
- RCGP certificate in the management of alcohol issues
- Mental Health First Aid,
- ASSIST suicide prevention
- Mindfulness training
- ACT Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Which have all given me a great foundation in supporting people with a vast array of mental, emotional, social and addictive behavioural issues, both 1-1 and within group sessions.
- I'm a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) my Registration number is 89727.
- I am a Member of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice (CAPPP)
- I hold both public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- I am the registered Data Controller with Information Commissioner Office (ICO)
- I also hold a current enhanced DBS certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
FREE - 20 minute telephone consultation.
£25.00 - Initial face to face counselling assessment for 20-50 minutes.
One to one counselling for 50 minutes:
£50.00 per evening
£45.00 per daytime
£35.00 limited number of concessionary rate spaces for students.
Telephone Counselling Sessions:
£45.00 per 50minute session - payable before appointment.
Discounts available for block bookings, please ask about these.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If you have access needs, arrangements can be made for Central Bristol only with advance notice , please contact me.
Please contact me for my current availability.
Please state which location would suit best, either Central or East Bristol - see my website of more info.
Types of client