I am an Accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist who also draws on other approaches to meet the needs of each unique individual that comes for therapy. I have 30 years experience of working with individuals experiencing emotional health issues such as anxiety, PTSD, depression, trauma, and low self-esteem. Central to my work is to enable clients to be more self-compassionate and have the tools they need to live the lives they want.
I offer online or in-person, short-term or long-term therapy and have recently trained in Single Session Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling and Group-work
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Level 2 in Single Session Therapy
- CBT Therapist in a NHS funded 'talking therapy' service included working with women during pregnancy and postnatally
- CBT Therapist in a low cost voluntary sector counselling service, includes long term trauma related therapy
- Private clients with a wide range of needs and issues
- Voluntary work: facilitating support group for people who self-harm and volunteer with a crisis texting service
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £15.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I offer private clients a sliding scale of fee depending on their circumstances. Maximum fee is £50.
Evening appointments up to 7.30 pm, online only.
For in-person sessions, the counselling venue is purpose built and fully disability accessible. The location is in Filton, Bristol, a 15 minute walk from Filton Abbeywood train station and on a direct bus route from central Bristol.
For evening appointments I can offer online or telephone sessions only.