Susan Poarch (Reg UKCP)
Searching for a counsellor or psychotherapist can be confusing. The relationship between you and who you choose to work with is really important, as good therapy is found when the therapist and client work together.
As a qualified 'humanistic and integrative' counsellor and psychotherapist, I provide short term counselling for people who want to explore specific problems, or longer term psychotherapy for more entrenched, underlying difficulties and patterns of behaviour. I do this in a confidential setting which is warm, friendly,supportive and respectful.
We are all different. Our experiences and beliefs influence who we are. With this in mind, we all have our own answers within us and my aim is to help you find your answers and to understand them more clearly.
I am registered with UKCP and work within the ethical framework of Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BCPC).
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Humanistic & Integrative Psychotherapy (Middlesex University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Humanistic & Integrative Psychotherapy (BCPC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Humanistic & Integrative Counselling (BCPC)
- Certificate in alcohol addictions counselling (ACAD)
- Registered General Nurse (not currently on register as no longer practising)
My trainings have enabled me to work in an 'integrative' style. This means that I blend different theoretical approaches to fit the needs of the client that I am working with. These include psychodynamic, humanistic and CBT approaches.
- Counsellor/therapist in private practice since 1997
- Lead counsellor within a family medical centre since 1999
- Counsellor within an addictions agency 1997-99
- NHS nurse 1980-1997
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My usual fee is £45, which is reviewed annually, but I do have some concessionary places.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|