Sharon Ellis Dip Couns, Dip CBT, MBACP Mind Over Matter (NW) LTD
Hi I'm Sharon,
I am a caring, experienced and qualified integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I work with children & adults using Person-Centred approaches and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory, (CBT).
I can work practically with those experiencing
- Anxiety or social anxieties
- I have a range of experience with various disabilities.
I'm currently either working from home-very experienced in working remotely, either by phone, or video calls, or I can visit your home with current covid safety measures in place.
I offer an initial 6 x 1 hour 1:1 sessions. The therapy is person-centred, we will also be looking at thinking, emotions and behaviour. I'll be using CBT skills and theory, teaching an understanding of why we feel the way we do and how to change. The sessions aren't set in stone, if it takes less time, it does, if we need more we will evaluate together.
Working with special needs
I work with those who have special educational needs, and/or disabilities, as well as their parents, families and carers. See below for more detailed information or contact me here if you have additional questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am experienced at working with students 18+ who have long or short term mental health conditions and are struggling with various aspects of college and university life. I volunteered for Blackpool Carers Centre for over 3 years successfully as a therapist with carers who are struggling to care but also have past and present life issues. I also worked with parents/carers who have children and young people with SEND, (Special Educational Needs, Disabilities), supporting them understand and guide through the laws and their rights around the education system and still volunteer with this. I have completed a Level 2 certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health to enhance my NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, Learning and Development and have worked with pre-school children with SEND. A great communicator with both adults and children, including those with severe and complex special educational needs, I am skilled at using alternative communication methods.
Additional specialist training
- Attachment and Trauma
- Resilience in Challenging Times
- Suicide First Aid
- Assist-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Autism, High Functioning Autism and Asperger’s
- Autism awareness
- Sensory Processing
- Disability in the Workplace
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Dyslexia in the Workplace
- General Disability Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults
- PREVENT Training
- Level 5 Diploma – Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
- Level 4 Diploma – Therapeutic Counselling
Training for working with children & young people
- ASD Awareness for Parents and Professionals
- ADHD Awareness for Parents and Professionals
- Behaviour Management
- Supporting people with Learning Difficulties, (LD), in Bereavement
- Youth Mental Health training
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Helping Children Deal With Loss Programme
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health: Providing Effective Support conference
- Early Language Development Programme Training Working with parents and families to support young children's speech, language and communication
Child Sexual Exploitation course
- Challenging Behaviour and Autism
- Level 1 - Safeguarding Children
- Self-Harming Awareness Training
- Downs syndrome- early years/primary education training
- Foundation Course - Phase 1 – SIGNALONG
(SIGNALONG is a sign-supported communication system based on British Sign language and is used in spoken word order. It uses speech, sign, body language, facial expression and voice tone to reference the link between sign and word. It is a key word signing system and starts with real objects and experiences).
- Level 3 NVQ – Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Supporting children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
I do home visits, video and phone calls
I cover Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre
A counsellor/client agreement needs to be signed before counselling can take place, documents can be transferred if necessary by the latter or email. Online banking required for payments.
Weekdays 9am- 2.30pm,
Mind over Matter (NW) LTD Company Registration Number 9721615