Sarah Bailey Fdsc MBACP
As a qualified counsellor and lecturer my aim is to provide positive and solution-focused outcomes from therapy.
While I provide general counselling services, I specialise in working with children and young people who suffer from a broad range of mental health issues. These include low mood, depression, anxiety, disordered eating and those affected by sexual abuse, as well as those on the autistic spectrum.
My core belief is that good therapy is an emotional as well as a financial investment. My approach is therefore one of bespoke collaboration and regular assurance, involving the family as a whole wherever possible.
As a client, your therapeutic journey with me begins from our first point of contact, which is usually via email or telephone. We will spend some time briefly discussing what you would like to gain from therapy before we arrange our first appointment, with plenty of opportunity for you to ask questions and establish if I am the right counsellor for you.
Please contact me to begin your journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Supervision
- Fdsc Counselling
- Bacp registered member 146912
- Level 3 Counselling skills
- Level 2 Counselling skills
- Safeguarding for counsellors in the Early Years Setting
- CPD in Building an Understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (including Aspergers)
- Level 2 Working with survivors of abuse
- CPD in Working with those with disordered eating
- CPD in Substance misuse
- Autism, Asperger's and Education through the Lifespan
- Place 2 be training - Working with Children and Young People
I have particular experience in working with children, young people and students.
I also have experience and specific training in working with those who have been affected by sexual abuse and people with ASD.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work in general counselling and have worked with those who are experiencing anxiety, depression, disordered eating, relationship problems and loss as well as other issues that have presented. I also have particular experience in working with children and young people, students, people affected by sexual abuse and those on the autistic spectrum.
£45 per session
A phone call or email enquiry can be helpful to decide whether you wish to make an appointment and these are free of charge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various appointments throughout the week. I also have rooms in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Types of client