Mrs Rajnish Virk (Dip , CBT)
What i do
I work with people who are suffering from anxiety and depression. I use the therapy of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to help clients work on learning to manage their anxiety and/or depression. I work with different kinds of anxiety which are PTSD, OCD, phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder.
Approach of therapy
I use a structured approach and follow up therapy sessions with work to take home to practice. This helps clients really reinforce what they have learnt in therapy and get better. I like to make the therapy a mix ofd foirmal and informal sessions as thsi helps clients open up more . Also work with the clienst expectations fo therapy howvere small or big they may be.
I am also very client focussed - meaning I work with the client's needs and their time. Where some clients will need CBT alone generally life is more complex - I am very holistic in my approach and work with the pace of the client.
What is CBT?
CBT is a skills based therapy wherby we work on the thoughts and behaviours we end up doing when we are anxious and/or depressed which will create and maintain our mood . We address the thoughts that are triggering us to feel the way we are feeling and the behaviours that we end up doing based on the thoughts like raessurance seeking, avoidance, compensatory behaviour etc . The techniques we use we practice in sessiobs and take away to do. They can equip a client to have a lifelong set of skilss at hand that work for them to help them in there mood.
As i always say our health and mental health is a lifelong process we need to work on but once we recognise what works for us in those difficult moments we are better equipped to go past those difficult times more effectively.
If you wish for a free 20 Min chat to discuss therapy pls do not hestitate to call.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have studied CBT in Staffordshire university in 2012 and completed the Post Graduate Diploma in cognitive BehaviouraL Therapy.
I have worked as a therapist low and now high CBT therapist in the NHS for over 12 yrs .
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
The fee is £55 per session fo 60 mins
Areas i work on
- Anxiety - PTSD, OCD, Generalised, anxiety dosorder ( worrying too much), Phobia, social anxiety, panic, body dysmorphic disorder
- Depression - low self esteem, recurrant depression.
Here are some reviews from clients i have helped.:
- Just to say thank you for all your help and support over the last few months. At times i didnt think things would get better , but with your suypport and patience eventually we got there .
- I didnt think you could get me this far, but you did and id like to thankyou for this. i will miss our talks. All the best with the baby.
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me get through a very difficult time . i dont know what i will do without you. I wish you the best for the future.
- Raj was a excellent therapist who gave me confidence to open up and i felt that she realy cared about me and wanted to help.
- Just to say thank you for all your help and support over the last few months. At times i didnt think things would get better , but with your support and patience eventually we got there .
- I didnt think you could get me this far, but you did and id like to thankyou for this. i will miss our talks. All the best with the baby."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi and Hindi|
I work Monday - 6.30pm - 7.30pm
Tuesday - 6.15pm - 7.15pm
Friday - 6.30pm -7.30pm
Saturday - 9am - 10am
Sunday 9am - 10am
Types of client