A warm welcome and thank you for taking time to look at my profile.
It's quite a daunting thought looking for a counsellor and admitting that you need help or guidance. Let me reassure you the first step can be the hardest and that’s a normal feeling.
Let me introduce myself I’m a counsellor who specialises in life and people. I work in an integrative way, which means all my learning is adapted to fit uniquely to you. I am an individual member of the BACP (British Association of counselling and Psychotherapy) and adhere to their ethical framework. Which can be found at WWW.bacp.co.uk
It can be really tough talking to someone about things that are going on in your head. I can offer you a safe, confidential space to explore your thoughts and feelings.
Sometimes in life we can hit a low point or get stuck and not know where to go next. Having someone to listen to you can start to make sense of it all and then the healing process can begin. Through my journey of self-discovery, I had to look deep inside, so I can understand how hard it can be and there is no shame in asking to be listened too.
Sometimes in life we need more support, a non-judgemental ear, warmth and understanding. Things come along everyday that can challenge us and make us doubt who we are.
- Have you ever thought, why do I keep falling for the same type of person to find out that it’s not working again?
- Why do I judge yourself by other people’s achievements?
- How is it that social media can make us feel inadequate, sad or angry?
- Why is it hard to get up in the morning and face the day? What’s missing or who is missing?
- Counselling can help you cope with difficulties, understand yourself better and make positive change.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working with different issues that life can bring along, anxiety, depression, bereavement and relationship difficulties.
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Mindfulness Diploma – International Alliance of Holistic Therapists
- POD’S Dissociation and DID: The Fundamentals
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice.
I am committed to ongoing training, supervision and my own personal development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 per 50-minute session, subject to an annual review.
If you have read something that's made you think you'd like to work with me then please click here to send me an email or phone my mobile on 07598 31333. I use voicemail, so please let me know a convenient time to call you back and whether I can leave a message. You can also get in contact with me via The Banbury Therapy Centre
Cancellation policy: 48 Hours notice is required to cancel an appointment. Missed appointments will be charged at 50%
I have full professional indemnity insurance
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments are available.
Types of client