Portsmouth Abuse And Rape Counselling Service
Our mission statement
Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling (PARCS) aims to promote healthy relationships and alleviate the physical, emotional and psychological distress associated with interpersonal trauma including rape and sexual abuse/exploitation.
To relieve the suffering, illness and distress of survivors whenever occurring
To promote the education and research into the effect on survivors and significant others
What we offer
- Specialist counselling and psychotherapy for survivors of sexual and/or domestic abuse
- Counselling for parents, carers and family members
- Emotional Telephone Support
- Specialist support groups
- Training, consultation and clinical supervision
- Awareness and prevention services
- Independent Sexual Violence Advocacy for children and young people
- Services to support young people who display harmful sexual behaviour
Who we work with
We work with all genders aged 5 and above..
Where we work
We provide services across Portsmouth and South-East Hampshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
Parcs counsellors are vastly experienced in working relationally with sexualised trauma, rape, sexual assault and domestic abuse.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
As a charity all our services are free of charge and/ or donations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client