Peter Klein - BABCP Accredited - BSc Psych (Hons), PGDip CBT, MA (Dist)
Welcome to my profile page. I am specialized in treating problems such as Stress,Worry, Anxiety, Psychosis, Depression and OCD. I emphasise the use of Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies as these offer a wealth of scientific evidence backing their effectiveness.
When getting to know you, I very much emphasize getting an individual picture of your concerns in order to tailor a treatment program towards you. This entails that you will get to know psychotherapeutic principles and techniques that are adapted specifically towards you. The gained knowledge will greatly aid in helping you address your problems in a direct and pragmatic manner.
Due to the effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, my clients very often notice a decrease of their problems after just a handful of sessions.
Next to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, I also heavily incorporate Acceptance and Commitment- and Compassion Focused Therapy. In addition I also implement findings from Evolutionary Psychology. This amalgamation is very effective in combating problems such as generalized anxiety disorder, low self-esteem, panic disorder, addiction and relationship issues.
I am both based at the world famous Priory Roehampton and at my Richmond practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have BSc in Psychology and MA in Intelligence Research and have successfully completed numerous postgraduate courses in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Further to this I have partaken in many psychotherapy workshops and counseling courses.
I am also an accredited member of the BABCP, which represents the gold standard in the United Kingdom. The BABCP is known for having extremely strict accreditation criteria.
Next to my private practice work, I work at the world famous Priory Hospital in Roehampton and have created numerous treatment programs within the hospital.
I also run the Depression and OCD treatment groups at the Priory.
See below for a small excerpt of publications that have included contributions by me:
- Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal April 2017. Using Evolutionary Psychology in Group Therapy.
- Daily Mirror, 6 April 2017. The couple dynamics of living with a narcissist.
- Metro Newspaper, 25 January 2018. Men's struggle with body image.
- The Guardian, 24 October 2018, Why Sniffing Your Partner's Used Clothing Could Make You Happier :).
- Refinery29, 4 October 2018, What to say when your Partner's going through Heartbreak.
- Study International, 21 March 2018. The effects of procrastination.
- Sunday Mirror, 24 February 2018. The psychology behind playground crazes.
- Metro Newspaper, 11 May 2018. What it's like to have Kleptomania.
- Huffington Post, 09 February 2019. Why do young people seek out self harm images online.
- Metro Newspaper, 23 January 2019. How to cope if you suffer from free time paralysis.
- Grazia Magazine, 17 January 2019. The Real Reason Behind our obsession with the 10 year challenge.
- Psychologies Magazine, 2016. An introduction to ACT.
- OCD Online Test Citations, 2018. https://patient.info/health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-leaflet/features/quiz-do-i-have-ocd
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I charge £80 per hour for individual sessions.
I am accredited with and work with all private insurers.
I am flexible in how to best accommodate individual needs and therefore offer the following services:
Therapy more than once a week (which in some cases increases well-being at a faster rate).
Therapy in German (I am of German nationality).
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have a unique therapy need or request.
The price of such customised therapy may differ from the standard session price.
If you are unsure if you need therapy and require some guidance, feel free to contact me and I can provide you with a free consultation (no strings attached).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri: 11:00 - 22:00 Sat - Sun: Upon Request
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|