Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Welcome to my profile page. I am specialized in treating problems such as Stress,Worry, Anxiety, Psychosis, Depression and OCD. I emphasise the use of Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapies as these offer a wealth of scientific evidence backing their effectiveness.
When getting to know you, I very much emphasize getting an individual picture of your concerns in order to tailor a treatment program towards you. This entails that you will get to know psychotherapeutic principles and techniques that are adapted specifically towards you. The gained knowledge will greatly aid in helping you address your problems in a direct and pragmatic manner.
Due to the effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, my clients very often notice a decrease of their problems after just a handful of sessions.
Next to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, I also heavily incorporate Acceptance and Commitment- and Compassion Focused Therapy. In addition I also implement findings from Evolutionary Psychology. This amalgamation is very effective in combating problems such as generalized anxiety disorder, low self-esteem, panic disorder, addiction and relationship issues.
My private practice is situated at Parkshot House which is opposite Richmond station in London and I am also available to offer CBT for remote based sessions.
I used to run many treatment programmes and worked as a full-time Psychotherapist at the world famous Priory hospital in Roehampton.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have BSc in Psychology and MA in Intelligence Research and have successfully completed numerous postgraduate courses in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (incl. Postgraduate Diploma). Further to this I have partaken in many psychotherapy workshops and counselling courses.
I am also an accredited member of the BABCP, which represents the gold standard in the United Kingdom. The BABCP is known for having extremely strict accreditation criteria.
Previous to running a full time private practice, I have worked at the world famous Priory Hospital in Roehampton and have created numerous treatment programs within the hospital.
See below for a small excerpt of publications that have included contributions by me:
- Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal April 2017. Using Evolutionary Psychology in Group Therapy.
- Daily Mirror, 6 April 2017. The couple dynamics of living with a narcissist.
- Metro Newspaper, 25 January 2018. Men's struggle with body image.
- The Guardian, 24 October 2018, Why Sniffing Your Partner's Used Clothing Could Make You Happier :).
- Refinery29, 4 October 2018, What to say when your Partner's going through Heartbreak.
- Study International, 21 March 2018. The effects of procrastination.
- Sunday Mirror, 24 February 2018. The psychology behind playground crazes.
- Metro Newspaper, 11 May 2018. What it's like to have Kleptomania.
- Huffington Post, 09 February 2019. Why do young people seek out self harm images online.
- Metro Newspaper, 23 January 2019. How to cope if you suffer from free time paralysis.
- Grazia Magazine, 17 January 2019. The Real Reason Behind our obsession with the 10 year challenge.
- Psychologies Magazine, 2016. An introduction to ACT.
- OCD Online Test Citations, 2018. https://patient.info/health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-leaflet/features/quiz-do-i-have-ocd
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists. BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£95.00 - £110.00
I charge £ 95 per hour for remote based therapy and £ 110 for in person sessions.
I am accredited with and work with most UK based private insurers.
I am flexible in how to best accommodate individual needs and therefore offer the following services:
Therapy more than once a week (which in some cases increases well-being at a faster rate).
Therapy in German (I am of German nationality).
Feel free to contact me if you have a unique therapy need or request.
The price of such customised therapy may differ from the standard session price.
When I work
Tue - Thu: 11:00 - 21:00
My office is based opposite Richmond station