Penny Ruth Willis - PG Dip CounsPsy, BSc (Hons), MBACP
I offer Psychotherapy and Counselling to Individuals, Couples, Families and Young People.
Training, qualifications & experience
As well as Private Practice, I have worked as a Counsellor, a Psychologist and a Psychotherapist in a variety of settings...
- Relate Individual, Couple & Family Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Youth Counsellor
- NHS Psychotherapy Department Psychotherapist
- HE Student Services Counsellor
... and with a variety of issues, e.g. -
- Anxiety & Stress
- Couple Conflict
- Family Conflict
- Child-to-Parent violence & abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Workplace bullying
- Anger issues
I am trained in Person-centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural, Systemic Approaches, Brief Solution Focused Therapy and A.I.T. (direct trauma healing); I adapt my approach to the specific needs of my clients and their circumstances.
Qualifications are -
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Advanced Certificate in Systemic Couple and Family Therapy
- Intermediate Certificate in Family Therapy and Systemic Practice
- Advanced Certificate in NVR Practice
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Sciences (Psychology)
- Numerous ‘Continuing Professional Development’ courses and workshops on issues such as Domestic Violence and Abuse, Porn Addiction, Working with Families with Disability, Guided Visualisation, Child Sexual abuse, Aspergers and Autism… and many more.
I am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS Membership Number 85527), the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP Membership Number 591363 ) and the Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT Membership Number 2108312)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Individuals - £50 per hour
- Couples - £55 per hour
- Families - £55 per hour
- NVR Consultations - £60 per hour
(I am happy to negotiate reduced fees for those on a low income)