4 Queen Street
Hi, my name is Dr Paul Barrett, Clinical Psychologist. I provide psychological therapy, training and consultation for adults (18+) and mental health teams for a wide range of mental health problems, including:
- Anxiety and stress,
- Difficulties with self-esteem
- Personality disorders/ complex trauma.
I have experience in working with clients with both short term, and longstanding difficulties, offering one off assessments, to longer term work.
I work mainly using a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) based approach, but integrate other therapeutic models when required. This enables us to find a 'best fit' approach based on your individual needs and preferences. I also offer EMDR therapy, having recently completed level 1 training.
I offer a positive, non judgmental approach and work collaboratively with you to help understand your difficulties and find a positive way forward. Please look at my website for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) with over 15 years experience working in NHS and private practice. My qualifications are:
- BSc (Hons) Psychology. University of York
- MSc Psychology. Open University.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psych) University of Staffordshire and Keele
- Post graduate qualification in Systemic Practice (intermediate level)
- EMDR (level 1)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial telephone consultation (up to 15 minutes) - Free
Individual therapy - £70 per 50 minute session
Couples therapy - £80 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|