Are you feeling anxious or depressed? Do you feel the need to talk to someone you can trust who is willing to listen to you and won't judge you? If you feel you need help to deal with overwhelming emotions right now, then I can help you.
I'm a professional counsellor and registered nurse. If you have been bereaved by suicide, are struggling with challenging health issues, are a healthcare worker experiencing stress or have any other emotional difficulty I can offer you support.
I have been using counselling skills as a therapist and nurse for the past 20 years to help people like you through dark, challenging times.
In addition to my professional training and experience, I have been able to draw on my own personal experience of life, suffering and therapy to enhance my relationship with my clients.
Whatever you are going through right now or have been through in the past, I can offer you an honest, caring and accepting place that is confidential so you can safely explore and talk about your thoughts and feelings without fear of being judged or shamed.
Apart from being in private practice, I am also a:
- Volunteer Addiction Counsellor with We Are With You (formerly Addaction)
- Crisis Volunteer with Shout, a 24-hour crisis text help line
- Volunteer Listener with 7 Cups, an anonymous live text service
I'm particularly interested in helping people with:
- Suicide Related Bereavement
- Health & Medical Problems
- Work Related Stress in the Healthcare Service
I work with clients on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
Even just a few sessions of counselling can be life changing.
"I want clients to know that I have wrestled with therapy and with life and will share their journey." (Charles Kramer)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Registered Member British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Member of the Westcountry Association for Counselling (WAC)
- Diploma in General Nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Primary Health Care
- Member of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Shout Trained Textline Crisis Volunteer
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental Health First Aid Training (MHFA)
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Health & Medical Issues
Healthcare Work Related Stress
1 Hour Counselling Session - £40
Concessionary Rates from £30