Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Who am I?
Hello, I'm Michelle, a natural and approachable person centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist offering outdoor sessions amongst the healing qualities of Cornish nature, aswell as telephone and online sessions. My practice is Integrative and utilises CBT & trauma informed techniques. I am here to offer you a caring safe place to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Being in this world can be challenging and I am here to help you find your way.
How can I help?
For some of you life has led to painful feelings of anxiety, loss or hopelessness. If you are feeling down, anxious or have low self-esteem or if you have issues such as addiction, eating disorders, ADHD, ASD or self harm, I believe I can help you to live more contentedly.
What is my work experience?
I run a successful Private Practice and work with a wide variety of clients and issues including trauma, domestic violence, childhood sexual abuse, grief, anxiety, hypervigilance, addiction, eating disorders, depression and suicidal thoughts. I have worked for various agencies over the years including Adult Social Care.
What is my life experience?
I have also grown through my own challenges in life by having my own personal counselling. I know counselling can help and I can offer you hope in your situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT focused PTSD & Complex Trauma Master Workshop
- FAA LEVEL 3 Award in Principles of Safeguarding & protecting children, young people or vulnerable adults (RQF)
- 1st class Honours Degree qualified Counselling Supervisor - Plymouth Uni
- Telephone & Online Counselling - BACP/OU
- Bereavement Support - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Trauma Awareness - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Domestic & Sexual Abuse - Women's Aid
- Addiction Abuse - Addaction
- ASD/ ADHD - Dreadnought
- MA in Counselling & Psychotherapy p/t student
- BA Honours degree 1st - Counselling Studies
- BA Honours degree 2:1 - Communication Studies & Women's Studies
- Level 5 Diploma - Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Level 5 Diploma - Trauma Informed Schools Practice
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Technique
- NVQ3 in Advice & Guidance
- Person Centred/ Integrative Trauma Counsellor utilising CBT techniques - Private Practice, CLEAR Emotional Trauma Agency, Women's Aid, Cruse Bereavement Care, Penhaligon
- Support Worker - Adult Social Care
- Volunteer - Self Help groups
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
I offer hour long sessions on a weekly basis, with an initial 3 week review and further regular collaborative reviews. I request payment by bank transfer before each session and provide email confirmation on receipt of payment.
When I work
Please call or email me to discuss possible session times.
I operate a Covid safe policy. I offer Eco Counselling sessions along the Penzance coastal path (weather dependant), online Zoom counselling and telephone counselling sessions.