Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Who am I?
Hello I'm Michelle, a natural and approachable person centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist with an Integrative practice utilising CBT & trauma informed techniques. I am here to offer you a caring safe place to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Being in this world can be challenging and I am here to help you find your way.
How can I help?
For some of you life has led to painful feelings of confusion, loss or hopelessness. If you are feeling low, anxious or have low self-esteem or if you have issues such as addiction, eating disorder or self harm, I can help you to live more contentedly.
What is my experience?
I work with a wide variety of clients and issues and counsel people who have experienced Trauma, domestic violence, childhood sexual abuse, grief, anxiety, hypervigilance, addiction, eating disorders, depression and suicidal thoughts. I have also grown through my own challenges in life with my own personal counselling. I know counselling works and that you can find hope in your situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT focused PTSD & Complex Trauma Master Workshop
- FAA LEVEL 3 Award in Principles of Safeguarding & protecting children, young people or vulnerable adults (RQF)
- 1st class Honours Degree qualified Counselling Supervisor
- Telephone & Online Counselling - BACP/OU
- Bereavement Support - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Trauma Awareness - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Domestic Abuse - Women's Aid
- Addiction Abuse - Addaction
- Autism - Dreadnought
- BA Honours degree 1st - Counselling Studies
- BA Honours degree 2:1 - Communication Studies & Women's Studies
- Level 5 Diploma - Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Level 5 Diploma - Trauma Informed Schools Practice
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Technique
- NVQ3 in Advice & Guidance
- Person Centred/ Integrative Trauma Counsellor utilising CBT techniques - CLEAR Emotional Trauma Agency, Women's Aid, Cruse Bereavement Care, Penhaligon Agency
- Support Worker - Adult Social Care, self help groups
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £35.00 to £45.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
I suggest clients commit to attending 12 sessions as this allows the therapeutic process to become fully established and presenting issues to be fully addressed.
I request payment by bank transfer in advance of each session. I am able to offer a discount of £40 for a block booking of 12 sessions and I accept payment by installments.
When I work
Please call or email me to discuss possible session times.
My therapy room is based in Penzance on the sea front and there is parking available.
I am fully vaccinated and boosted, however as an ongoing Covid safe policy for my clients, I currently continue to wear a face mask in face to face sessions.
I am fully insured.