Who am I?
Hello I'm Michelle, a natural and approachable person centred Counsellor here to offer you a caring safe place to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Being in this world can be challenging and I am here to help you find your way.
How can I help?
For some of you life has led to painful feelings of confusion, loss or hopelessness. If you are feeling low, anxious or have low self-esteem or if you have addiction or self harm issues I can help you to live more contentedly.
What is my experience?
I work with a wide variety of people and issues and my ongoing experience includes counselling people who are grieving and those surviving domestic abuse. I have also grown through my own challenges in life with my own personal counselling. I know it works and that you too can find hope in your situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Online Counselling course - BACP/OU
- Bereavement Support - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Trauma Awareness - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Domestic Abuse - Women's Aid
- Addiction Abuse - Addaction
- Autism - Dreadnought
- BA (Hons) degree 2:1 - Communication Studies & Women's Studies
- Level 5 Diploma - Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BA degree undergraduate - Counselling Studies
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Technique
- NVQ3 in Advice & Guidance
- Person Centred Counsellor - Penhaligon Agency, Women's Aid and Cruse Bereavement Care
- Support Worker - Adult Social Care, self help groups
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per hourly session
Concessions offered for
Due to the current Coronavirus situation I am currently offering telephone or online counselling only.