Martin Larmour (MBACP - Accred)
Imagine someone who has a fear of spiders. Even a picture of a spider can be problematic for them. This tells us something about the nature of experience. Our 'experience' is a balance of perceptions. Sometimes perceptions arising from our internal world are significantly at odds with those of our external world. This can create a range of problems including anxiety, stress, loss of confidence, harmful behaviours, phobias , depression etc.
I provide a relaxed, confidential and caring environment where you have the space to reflect on your experience and how it might have shaped you. It is often the start of a journey in awareness, bringing about the changes that allow you find a healthy balance of perceptions for future experience.
Please call me on 07846 827062 or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to arrange an initial session, without further obligation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy) 2012. The Masters course provided skills in three key therapeutic disciplines: Person-Centred, Psycho-Dynamic and Cognitive Behavioural approaches.
- I have spent the last 9 years working in private practice, prior to which I worked with the NHS in a busy practice setting while undergoing training.
- Until June 2018 I worked with the Addiction Support and Care Agency (ASCA) in Kingston-upon-Thames. ASCA also has a branch in Richmond.
- I am continually developing as a practitioner through workshops, professional meetings and study. Additional professional skills include 'Focusing' within a therapeutic context; Counselling for addiction; Working with Trauma.
- As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am committed to sustaining and advancing good practice.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Sessions are charged at
- £50 for online (Zoom) sessions
- £60 in-person sessions
Currently have availability for evening and daytime appointments (by Zoom).
Please visit my website (www.healthyself.co.uk) to find out more information about me and how I work.
Call me on 07846 827062 or email me (email@example.com) if you'd like to arrange an initial session, without further obligation, online.