Martin Larmour (MBACP - Accred)
Hello and Welcome.
Here's a thought. Our 'experience' is a balance of perceptions on our internal and external worlds. Sometimes what's happening in one (internal) doesn't sit easily with what's going on the other (external).
Depending on circumstances, this can create anxiety, stress, loss of confidence, harmful behaviours, phobias, depression etc. It might be that unresolved experiences from childhood may still be affecting the adult self.
I provide a relaxed, confidential and caring environment where you have the space to reflect on your experience and how you might be dealing with it. It is often the start of a journey in enabling yourself to be more free, more resilient in choosing how best to live your life.
Please call me on 07846 827062 or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to arrange an initial session, without further obligation, online.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy) 2012. The Masters course provided skills in three key therapeutic disciplines: Person-Centred, Psycho-Dynamic and Cognitive Behavioural approaches.
- I have spent the last 8 years working in private practice, prior to which I worked with the NHS in a busy practice setting while undergoing training.
- Until June 2018 I worked with the Addiction Support and Care Agency (ASCA) in Kingston-upon-Thames. ASCA also has a branch in Richmond.
- I am continually developing as a practitioner through workshops, professional meetings and study. Additional professional skills include 'Focusing' within a therapeutic context; Counselling for addiction; Working with Trauma.
- As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am committed to sustaining and advancing good practice.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Sessions are charged at £50
Please visit my website (www.healthyself.co.uk) to find out more information about me and how I work.
Call me on 07846 827062 or email me (email@example.com) if you'd like to arrange an initial session, without further obligation, online.