Lynda Johnson Dip1V MBACP
I offer an integrative counselling service - I work with adults, teenagers and children. I work intuitively using the most effective method that I feel is appropriate for the clients problem. My main basis is person-centred using enhanced empathy and creative interventions if required to help build up relationships with my clients. I am now added psychotherapy to my training - this offers specific interventions tailored to the individual to help with panic attacks, anxiety issues, relationship problems, loss, low self esteem and various other conditions. Sometimes certain conditions cant be changed but we can learn to live with them and I may be able to offer an alternative and healthier way of coping.
Interventions offered - stress management, anger management and acceptance, holistic therapy - I also do reiki, which is a healing energy connected to source. I can look at how your repressed emotions may be affecting your general health and relationships.
How will counselling help me?
Sometimes people find that they don't have anyone to talk to who will listen without judging them. Counselling is a safe place for an individual to share their concerns, anxieties and stories. We can look at how your way of thinking is contributing to any emotional issues that you are affected by. As counselling is completely confidential, except where danger to the client or others may be present, you can be reassured that anything that is discussed will stay with the counsellor.
I can offer counselling by Skype if you are unable to get to see me in person.
Training, qualifications & experience
- City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- Couples Counselling Workshop
- Transactional Analysis Workshop
- Assist - Suicide Intervention Workshop
- Safeguarding Clients
- Play Therapy Workshops
- Bereavement Experience - 18 months
- Counselling Children & Young People - 5 years
- Anger Recognition Workshop
- Attachment Theory
- Creative Workshop
- Self-care, Client-care & Mindfulness Workshop
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Workshops
- 12 hours First Aid course
- Case Formulation & Assessment Workshop
- Exploring Dreams Workshop
- Working with Autism
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Qualified hypnotherapist
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Dissociative Identity Disorder - I would be interested in helping with this problem.
Dependant on income - £25 to £40 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday - after 4.30pm and some Saturdays
Types of client