I am a person-centred therapist; The confidential relationship is at the heart of my work.
My role is not to solve your problems but to help you solve these yourself.
I can help bring light to your challenging situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Trauma is a special area of interest for me. Trauma Focussed Therapy Trained 2020.
- I have trained to counsel adolescents and also have 21 years of experience as a teacher.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) trained to level 2.
- Qualified as a bereavement counsellor by world-renowned charity CRUSE.
- I am in the final year of a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree in Person-Centred
- Psychotherapy. My research is into trauma: How best to work with clients who have faced trauma in a therapeutic session.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£50 per session. Concessions available, please ask.
I am flexible with times, so please ring if you need a specific time or day.