Karin Graber MBACP, Psychologist M.Sc., Psychotherapist MAS
Harborne Complementary Health Clinic
321 Harborne Lane
I am a Psychologist and BACP registered psychotherapist. I offer a warm and confidential service in a quiet Health Clinic in Harborne.
I have many years of experience in working with people in challenging life circumstances or with Mental Health difficulties. I work in an integrative way, meaning I draw upon different therapeutic approaches (for instance interpersonal, cognitive-behavioural, schema therapy) as they make sense in light of your problems and preferences.
In an initial session, I would want to get to know you and your current life situation and we could explore what you hope to get out of therapy. And of course,this is also a chance for you to find out if I am the right therapist for you. I offer this initial session at a reduced rate of just £15 with no obligation to continue.
Please feel free to call me for a chat if you want to find out more or to book a first appointment. If I can't pick up the phone when you call me, I will call back as soon as is possible.
Whatever your life journey may look like, I am here to support you. Together, we can tackle your problems, make sense of your life experiences and work towards reaching your goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Advances Studies in Cognitive-behavioural and interpersonal Psychotherapy (University of Basel / Klaus-Grawe-Institut, Switzerland, 2011)
- M.Sc. in Psychology, Zurich, Switzerland, 2001 - 2006
I have worked in private practice since 2014. My previous work experience includes working in outpatient clinics focused on anxiety- and stress-related problems and on sleeping problems, in a private therapy institution, on a therapy ward of a psychiatric hospital as well as on an emergency ward and an assessment/early intervention ward.
Issues I work with include depression, anxiety, stress-related problems, problems related to new life situations, post-traumatic stress, personality disorders, anxiety and phobias, sleeping problems, eating disorders, relationship problems and many more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- First Session: Reduced rate of £15 for 60 mins - with no obligation to continue.
- Regular Session: £45 for 60 mins
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday daytime; Monday and Thursday evenings. Currently Thursday daytime apptmts available
Types of client