Sheppey Counselling Service - Julie Clark MBACP (Accred). EMDR
My name is Julie and I am a qualified humanistic counsellor, with experience in many areas of counselling including anxiety, depression, trauma and relationship issues.
I offer individual counselling and couples counselling.
My approach is person-centred, supporting you to understand how you see yourself and the world around you. I believe that only you have the expertise to understand your feelings, and I hope to create a safe space in which you can feel accepted and understood, and talk about anything that may concern you without judgement or fear. By working in this way, we are able to explore how you feel about your life currently, and how you would like it to be.
I am an accredited member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and I adhere to their ethical framework.
As your counsellor I will:
- listen carefully and emphatically to what you have to say
- provide a safe and confidential environment
- work with you to address your needs and make the changes you want
- respect your independence and individuality
I will not:
- advise you on how to live your life
- make judgements about how you live your life
- share the content of our sessions with others
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you require further information about myself or my counselling practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have completed the following course
- BACP Accredited
- EMDR Parts 1, 2 and 3 training
- Adoption training with Barnado's
- Level 4 Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- CBT certificate
- Couples counselling certificate
- PODS training: Working with DID
- Numerous other workshops/training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
My fees are as follows:
- 1st session – £45 with no commitments.
- Subsequent sessions – £45 for 1 hour
- 1st session – £55 for 1 ½ hours
- Subsequent sessions – £55 for 1 ¼ hours
Payment is due, in cash at the end of each session or by BAC's before the session.
If you are able to give 24hrs notice when cancelling a session, I will waive the fee. Missed sessions without notice will be charged at half price.
Myself and a colleague offer a limited Low Cost/Donation service for local clients on benefits/low income.
Please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available daytimes Monday - Thursday and evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|