Hi, my name is Jennie and I am a therapeutic counsellor and supervisor.
I qualified as a Person-Centred counsellor in 2000 and as a Therapeutic Supervisor in 2005. I have experience of working with adults around a range of issues, including people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We all experience difficulties at some point in life; that can seem overwhelming, painful or hard to get through. There are occasions when we can overcome these challenges quite easily: we bounce back and get on with our lives. Some other times, our experiences can leave us stuck and unable to move on, perhaps even affecting our lives deeply. That is when we need professional support – no one has all the answers all the time.
I offer an opportunity for you to talk through your problems in confidence and without judgment or agenda, but with warmth and empathy. I respect your right to make your own decisions. I will encourage and support you to build up and strengthen your inner resources so that you feel empowered to live the best version of your life.
If you would like to find out whether counselling is for you, have any questions or would like to make an appointment, I can be contacted by email at: email@example.com or by telephone: 07900 543 025 - please send me a text message (or email) if I am unable to answer your call at the time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling - 2000
- Diploma in Therapeutic Supervision - 2004
- Introduction to Psychology - 1996
- Introduction to Gestalt Psychotherapy - 1996
- RSA in Counselling Skills - 1998
- Lewisham Mayor and Cabinet Women of Achievement Award 2004
- Domestic Violence Awareness - 2006
- Anti-Stalking and Harassment Training - 2007
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Training - 2008
- OCN Accredited: Developing and Delivering Domestic Violence Training 2009
- Positive Therapy - 2008
- Working with Caribbean Families: Fathers and Sons - 2009
- The Impact on life and relationships based on culture, upbringing and experiences - 2009
- Child Bereavement - 2011
- Empires of the Mind: Colonial History & Its Implications for Counselling & Psychotherapy - 2011
- Black Issues in the Therapeutic Process - 2011
- The Effects of Separation and Loss: Therapeutic Approaches - 2012
- Transference and Interpersonal Perception in the Psychotherapeutic Relationship: An Adlerian Perspective - 2013
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - 2013
- Adult Mental Health First Aid - 2013
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Training - 2014
- Accredited Skills course Working with Female Survivors of Sexual Violence - 2014
I am committed to personal and professional development and, with this in mind, I attend training, seminars, supervision and am an avid reader to support my knowledge and work with clients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience of working with issues pertaining to race, culture and identity.
Counselling: 60 mins - £60 per session
Supervision: 60 mins - £60 per session
I offer counselling and supervision via Skype or telephone.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Sundays. I see clients for 1 hour on a weekly basis.
Types of client