Hi, my name is Jennie and I am a therapeutic counsellor and supervisor.
I qualified as a Person-Centred counsellor in 2000 and as a Therapeutic Supervisor in 2005. I have experience of working with adults around a range of issues, including people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We all experience difficulties at some point in life; that can seem overwhelming, painful or hard to get through. There are occasions when we can overcome these challenges quite easily: we bounce back and get on with our lives. Some other times, our experiences can leave us stuck and unable to move on, perhaps even affecting our lives deeply. That is when we need professional support – no one has all the answers all the time.
I offer an opportunity for you to talk through your problems in confidence and without judgment or agenda, but with warmth and empathy. I respect your right to make your own decisions. I will encourage and support you to build up and strengthen your inner resources so that you feel empowered to live the best version of your life.
If you would like to find out whether counselling is for you, have any questions or would like to make an appointment, I can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 07900 543 025 - please send me a text message (or email) if I am unable to answer your call at the time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling - 2000
- Diploma in Therapeutic Supervision - 2004
- Introduction to Psychology - 1996
- Introduction to Gestalt Psychotherapy - 1996
- RSA in Counselling Skills - 1998
- Lewisham Mayor and Cabinet Women of Achievement Award 2004
- Domestic Violence Awareness - 2006
- Anti-Stalking and Harassment Training - 2007
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Training - 2008
- OCN Accredited: Developing and Delivering Domestic Violence Training 2009
- Positive Therapy - 2008
- Working with Caribbean Families: Fathers and Sons - 2009
- The Impact on life and relationships based on culture, upbringing and experiences - 2009
- Child Bereavement - 2011
- Empires of the Mind: Colonial History & Its Implications for Counselling & Psychotherapy - 2011
- Black Issues in the Therapeutic Process - 2011
- The Effects of Separation and Loss: Therapeutic Approaches - 2012
- Transference and Interpersonal Perception in the Psychotherapeutic Relationship: An Adlerian Perspective - 2013
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - 2013
- Adult Mental Health First Aid - 2013
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Training - 2014
- Accredited Skills course Working with Female Survivors of Sexual Violence - 2014
I am committed to personal and professional development and, with this in mind, I attend training, seminars, supervision and am an avid reader to support my knowledge and work with clients.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience of working with issues pertaining to race, culture and identity.
Counselling: 60 mins - £60 per session
Supervision: 60 mins - £60 per session
I am available on Sundays. I see clients for 1 hour on a weekly basis.
I offer counselling and supervision via Skype or telephone.