Dr Isobel Scaife, Counselling Psychologist
As a Counselling Psychologist, registered with the HCPC, I recognise that there is not one approach to therapy that will suit everyone. Taking the first step to access therapy can be a nerve-wracking process. The most important indicator of therapeutic success is the relationship between client and therapist so do get in touch for a free consultation to see if I am the right therapist for you.
I use an integrative and person-centred approach to work alongside clients to offer a space where they can move towards a better understanding of themselves and the challenges they are facing. With over 1000 hours clinical practice in a variety of settings and a commitment to evidence-based practice I incorporate humanisitic, CBT, psychodynamic, solution focused and cognitive analytic therapy models. An integrative approach to therapy means that I can meet each client as an individual to explore what they need out of therapy.
My work emphasises the importance of the therapeutic relationship and I pride myself on offering a warm and non-judgemental space where clients feel comfortable. I am confident in my abilities to offer help and have worked with people struggling with a range of conditions including low self-esteem, anxiety, mood disorders, stress, eating disorders, personality disorders, trauma and bereavement. I have a particular interest and expertise in working with people with self-harming behaviours.
Training, qualifications & experience
Below is a list of my clinical experience and qualifications:
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych) from City, University of London
- Trained in a variety of psychological and therapeutic models including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), person-centred counselling and psychodynamic approaches.
- MSc Psychology with Distinction
- Over 1000 hours of clinical practice
- Experience of working with individuals and families/systemic work.
- Experience of working across the lifespan including children and adolescents as well as older adults.
- Experience of working in multiple settings including NHS, private hospitals and third-sector.
- Experience of working therapeutically with adults and young people with autism and ADHD.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch to find out if I am the right therapist for you and I will be happy to give you more details about how we can work together to tackle your psychological difficulties.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
The cost of a 50 minute session is £70. Assessments are charged at £100 for 1.5 hours. This fee is a reflection of my extensive training and expertise in psychology however some concessions may be available, please contact me for more information or to book an initial consultation.
My practice is based a short drive from Calne, Chippenham and the M4 where clients can enjoy rural views and free parking.