Dr Isobel Scaife, Counselling Psychologist
As a Counselling Psychologist, registered with the HCPC, I recognise that there is not one approach to therapy that will suit everyone. Taking the first step to access therapy can be a nerve-wracking process. The most important indicator of therapeutic success is the relationship between client and therapist so do get in touch for a free consultation to see if I am the right therapist for you.
I use an integrative and person-centred approach to work alongside clients to offer a space where they can move towards a better understanding of themselves and the challenges they are facing. With over 1000 hours clinical practice in a variety of settings and a commitment to evidence-based practice I incorporate humanisitic, CBT, psychodynamic, solution focused and cognitive analytic therapy models. An integrative approach to therapy means that I can meet each client as an individual to explore what they need out of therapy.
My work emphasises the importance of the therapeutic relationship and I pride myself on offering a warm and non-judgemental space where clients feel comfortable. I am confident in my abilities to offer help and have worked with people struggling with a range of conditions including low self-esteem, anxiety, mood disorders, stress, eating disorders, personality disorders, trauma and bereavement. I have a particular interest and expertise in working with people with self-harming behaviours.
Training, qualifications & experience
Below is a list of my clinical experience and qualifications:
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych) from City, University of London
- Trained in a variety of psychological and therapeutic models including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), person-centred counselling and psychodynamic approaches.
- MSc Psychology with Distinction
- Over 1000 hours of clinical practice
- Experience of working with individuals and families/systemic work.
- Experience of working across the lifespan including children and adolescents as well as older adults.
- Experience of working in multiple settings including NHS, private hospitals and third-sector.
- Experience of working therapeutically with adults and young people with autism and ADHD.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch to find out if I am the right therapist for you and I will be happy to give you more details about how we can work together to tackle your psychological difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
The cost of a 50 minute session is £65. The fee is a reflection of my extensive training and expertise in psychology however some concessions may be available, please contact me for more information or to book a free initial consultation.
My practice is based a short drive from Calne, Chippenham and the M4 where clients can enjoy rural views and free parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability on a Tuesday and Friday with some evening slots mid-week too.
Types of client