Dr Hjordis Donoghue MbBPS, DClinPsy, PGCert, MSc, BSc
My name is Dr Hjordis Donoghue and I have over 15 years’ experience working across mental health, physical health and employee wellbeing settings. With my main private practice based in Yorkshire, I now connect with clients from across the UK via online therapy.
I am skilled at developing strong therapeutic relationships with both adolescent and adult clients. I work with people experiencing a wide range of psychological issues who have reached a point in their lives where they want to move forwards in a new way. The therapy I offer my clients takes a bespoke approach, involving psychological models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
Alongside the provision of personal therapy, I also offer psychological skills training courses, supervision and teaching to allied health professionals.
- Stress / adjustment to life events
- Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Self-esteem / self- confidence / assertiveness
- The impact of physical health conditions on emotional wellbeing
- Living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis
- Living with other health conditions such as chronic pain, kidney and liver disease as well as heart problems
- Workplace stress
- Managing work-life balance
- Developing personal Resilience
How to get started
If you're interested in connecting with me for psychological support then please get in touch via telephone, text or email. We can then arrange a mutually convenient time for a free 15-20 minute enquiry phone call. This is a good opportunity for you to tell me a little more about what prompted you to seek support, for me to explain about how I work and for you to ask me any questions you may have. There is no fee or obligation associated with this initial call.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MSc – Memory and its Disorders
- PGCert – Low Intensity CBT
- DClinPsy – Clinical Psychology
- Compassion Focussed Therapy 5 day course
- CBT-I – CBT for Insomnia
- Acceptance and Commitment Training for Workplace Settings
- Member of the British Psychological Society - Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council – Practitioner Psychologist
- Hjordis is registered with various insurance and healthcare companies such as BUPA, AXA, AVIVA, Nuffield, Vitality Health, Healix Health and Curian Medical.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
Days and Hours of work