Helen Cosgrove MBACP Counsellor, BSc Hons Psychology
I work from a person- centred theoretical basis to support my work. I believe that it is the relationship between you and your counsellor that is fundamental in supporting you when you are distressed, and in helping you understand yourself and your relationships, enabling you to move forward.
I believe that there are certain times when we can all find life overwhelming and full of obstacles. Even if you are unsure or have never been to counselling before I hope to put you at your ease.
If you are suffering from distress, anxiety and confusion it can help to talk things through with someone not connected to your situation. I offer counselling in a safe, confidential environment to help you explore difficult issues and choices.
I offer walking therapy which can be a flexible way to support your needs and it can be a very useful way to explore feelings and this can be discussed.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma Counselling University of Strathclyde
- COSCA Counselling Certificate
- NC Introduction to Counselling
- HNC Social Science
- Bsc 2:1 Psychology Hons, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Msc Psychology and Mental Health, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Certificate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, The Grove, London
- Introduction to Play therapy, Angel gate, London
- Mindfulness Happiness and Compassion workshops
- Reiki 1 and 2
- EFT tapping therapy 1 and 2
- Experienced Bereavement Counsellor at the Ayrshire Hospice
- I have gained experience with a range of issues from Self-esteem, Menopause Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Gambling, Loss and Health Anxiety
- Young Person counselling, Telephone, long term and short term at Oakland Church Paisley
- Place2b Edinburgh School counsellor play therapy sandtray
- Mums and Babies Talking and sharing Support Groups
- Helpline telephone and live chat Menopause Support
- Teaching counseling at NC level
- Psychology college tutor Scottish Highers
- Baby massage instructor
- Hopi ear candling therapy and Swedish massage trainer
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a trainer and holistic therapist offering Energy healing from the principles of Reiki.
This is a special type of emotional healing,for those who feel over stressed and fatigued.
30.00 for 50 mins
or 3 sessions for 75.00
Photos & videos
My rates are £40 for a 50 minute session.
I offer a limited amount of concessions, sessions at a discounted rate for those on low income or students let me know.
Telephone Consultation if requested Initial meet up 20 mins free.
I work from a lovely room in London road near Kilmarnock towncentre .
This room has disabled access; I can offer a limited number of outreach sessions or Telephone counseling is available to suit circumstances.
Any missed because you are ill and you have given me 24 hours notice, or because you are on holiday, are not charged for.
If you give less than 24 hours notice you will still pay for the session.
Duration of counselling
I work with clients on both a short one off session or (6-12 weeks) and long term (open ended) basis depending on your needs. This is something that we would discuss at our initial meeting .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available most evenings and some Saturday and Sundays. hope to get back to you as soon as I can, once you make the initial contact.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|