BU Therapy - Find your Smile
Everyone is an individual with their own stories and experiences. My approach honours this by providing a bespoke therapeutic service that suits you. I am passionate about providing a safe and warm environment and my ultimate goal is for you to feel a part of a trusting, non judgemental relationship, one were you can explore your issues, feel heard and have the room you need to grow.
I started down my pathway into counselling in 2015 after years of knowing this is what I wanted to do. Having been on my own journey and after being close to someone suffering with mental health distress, I was compelled to find a way to help people find their sense of self and their smile again.
If you feel like we have a good foundation to build a working relationship together then I work with an integrative approach to counselling, drawing on various modalities and interventions such as psychodynamic, person centred, CBT and TA allowing me to adapt and provide a service that is tailored to meets your needs.
I have experience working with clients who are experiencing depression and anxiety, symptoms of mental health issues; diagnosed and undiagnosed, trauma, PTSD, suicidal thoughts, traumatic bereavement, domestic and sexual violence.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdA Degree in Counselling
- Level 3 award in PTSD counselling
- Certificate in working with people with personality disorders - Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in working with suicide - Carolyn Spring
- Trauma informed and strengths based practice for professionals - Victim Focus
- Effective brief psychotherapy - Human Givens
- CPD certificate in disorders of dependance and independence - Geoff Hopping
- CPD certificate in TA and the Brain - Transactional Analysis
- CPD certificate in single session therapy - Windy Dryden
- CPD certificate in understanding post traumatic stress - Madison Amy Webb
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.