I am a BACP Accredited and Registered psychotherapist/clinical supervisor with 15+ years experience of working with individuals within different voluntary settings and private practice, working with young people as well as the older adult population suffering from both short and long-term multi-dimensional problems and psychological difficulties.
I specialise in a range of psychological difficulties including:
- low self-esteem
- family relationship problems
- interpersonal difficulties
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Domestic violence.
My clinical background is in Integrative Counselling; encompassing the Psychodynamic, Person-Centred, CBT (following the NICE guidelines) and Solution Focused therapy.
My counselling service is flexible and offers both day and evening counselling sessions from Monday to Saturday.
Intense Block Short-term Therapy via - Skype
I offer 6 or 12 block therapy sessions for clients who are extremely busy and cannot attend weekly sessions due to work commitments. These sessions are only available in the evening from Monday to Saturday at 8.pm if available. Please note an initial consultation takes place to assess suitability for these block sessions.
The counselling sessions I offer are tailored to each individual and are offered in a non-judgemental, safe environment. The length of commitment to counselling is collaboratively negotiated by the client and myself from the onset and reviewed regularly.
If you have any questions or would like to book your first appointment please send me an email here
Training, qualifications & experience
The training qualifications I have obtained in my specialist area as a psychotherapist/clinical supervisor/Social Worker is:
- Higher Certificate in Counselling Skills at Birkbeck University.
- A BSc degree in Integrative Counselling, at Roehampton University.
- A Masters in Social Work at Kingston University.
- A Diploma in Integrative Counselling Supervision at OCN.
I have a number of years experience as a lecturer in my specialist area in Counselling Theory and Skills at both Level 2, 3 and 4 at a Further Educational College. Noting this, I have completed an Advance Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector with Canterbury Christchurch University (PGCE).
I have offered my services to Arlington Homeless (One Housing Group) Hostel in Camden for 6 years, implementing and providing an external psychotherapy service to the residents under Counselling in Clapham. Most of the residents I worked with were faced with a number of complex needs ranging from, drug and alcohol problems, self-harm, domestic violence, hopelessness, discrimination, transgender problems and different diagnosis of mental health problems, such as Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Dissociative Identity Disorder, etc.
I also support organisations who employees need support surrounding their mental well-being.
Other successful psychotherapy projects I have implemented and managed under Counselling in Clapham are:-
- One Housing Group's Young Peoples Services in Tower Hamlets (pilot 2016). A 12 week Assessment Centre, providing counselling support for vulnerable young people who suffered from medium to complex mental health problems and were transitioning from leaving care.
- Lewisham Homeless Service (pilot 2016/17) - providing counselling support for 16 to 21-year-olds who had medium needs, were transitioning from leaving care and the Youth Offending system.
- Battersea Mimosa Support Group for Women - providing psychotherapy to women who had experienced domestic violence, relationship problems, low self-confidence. Most of the referrals came from Wandsworth Hestia Support Services and self-referrals from women living in the Wandsworth community.
I have worked within a variety of voluntary sectors, as a Clinical Manager, Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor, such as:
- Psychodynamic Youth Counselling Service;
- Pupil Referral Unit for young people excluded from the mainstream secondary schools;
- Southwark College Counselling service;
- Private Practice;
- Homelessness - Arlington in Camden, Whites Row in Hackney and Lewisham;
- Mimosa Women's Counselling Service;
- The Awareness Centre in Clapham
I receive regular clinical supervision with a BACP registered psychotherapist. I also have Professional Civil Liability Insurance.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
For my sessions, I charge:
- Between £75.00 to £80.00 for 50 minutes Individual Counselling weekly
- £75.00 for 50 minutes Individual Supervision.
- Initial consultation is £112.50 for 75 minutes (a one-off payment) for both counselling and supervision which is not refundable if you cancel.
If you have any questions surrounding concessions or would like to book your first appointment please send me an email here
Please note Skype and telephone sessions are only available at present not face-to-face due to the Coronavirus.
Please feel free to email me any time and leave a message with some brief context and your telephone number. *If I do not respond right away, this maybe due to being in with clients*
Please note my private practice is based in Clapham North, near Clapham North station, which falls under SW9.