Gemma Foster MBACP
I am an Integrative Counsellor based on a small farm which offers a unique therapeutic experience in a warm, calm and inviting setting. This space and the therapeutic relationship we establish provides an environment in which you can safely talk, explore and work therapeutically through your problems and life experiences in order to help you achieve a sense of peace and wellbeing.
Along side traditional talking therapy I offer the opportunity to work creatively if you wish using sand, art and Eco therapy to support our work.
I also offer Equine facilitated learning/therapy and Animal Assisted Therapy. In which we work therapeutically with our horses and other animals as part of our work together should you wish or as a targeted piece of work to help with a certain issue or difficulty.
Please contact me for more information either via the email link, text or phone. Please leave me a message if I don't answer I will return your call as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- L5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- L3 Play Therapy Training.
- IACE Certificate in Equine Facilitated Learning/Therapy
- Experience of working therapeutically with adolescence in a school setting and within a voluntary organisation.
- Many years experience working with adult suffering form anxiety and depression and other mental health issues in various roles.
- experience of working therapeutically with animals including horses, sheep, dogs, small animal and reptiles.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Equine Facilitated Learning/Therapy:
Working with horses and a counseller can help towards enabling people to change negative behaviour, become more confident, overcome life's obstacles and challenges, change our thinking and improve our communication skills. If this interests you please get in contact, you can find more information on our web site to www.puddlesnotmuddlescounselling.co.uk.
Photos & videos
Counselling Fees: £45.00 per session.
Equine Facilitated Learning/Therapy From: £75.00 per session (Please contact me to discuss your requirements)
Group work: Please see our web site www.puddlesnotmuddlescounselling.co.uk for updated information and costs re group work.
Reduced fees are available for student counsellors, please contact me for more information and to discuss your course requirements.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments at weekends, evenings and during the day. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Types of client