Emma Brooke Gilding
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
At times we may feel stuck or alone, maybe we are affected by feelings of loss, anxiety, depression or something else which stops us from living fully. Perhaps we notice repeating patterns or habits which we don't know how to change. In these cases, working with an experienced professional with therapeutic methods can be a great tool to help us heal, understand ourselves and access the inner resources we need to move forward.
How it works
By cultivating a safe, confidential space, without any judgement, with the utmost respect and compassion for your experiences and journey whilst holding you accountable for the changes you wish to make, I can support you in exploring anything which is holding you back, and help you to create the awareness you need to make the right decisions for you going forward.
You are always in control of the process, and can use our time together to process your feelings without the need to censor yourself, as well as explore different options for how you'd like to move forward and learn new tools and techniques to support yourself. Your self-awareness will develop and guide you towards what is best for you. You will have access to my secure online portal / app where you can access everything you need (video calls, booking sessions, secure chat with me, shared documents, tools and worksheets tailored specifically to your needs).
I bring my training and experience in effective integrative, holistic counselling, therapeutic coaching and mindfulness to give you the tools to choose from to decide which work best for you. You bring yourself - willingness, worries and anything else - and we work together, side by side, until you feel ready to go forward without me.
My work is client led so we can work more on a behavioural and cognitive level, or if you wish to work deeper I have further training in Gestalt Therapy, and study and practice the principles of Internal Family Systems therapy and teachings like the Law of Attraction, A Course In Miracles, and Science of Mind. All this means that I have a very present and relational approach to our work - I care about how you feel now, how you relate to your environment and the people in it, how you want to feel in the future, and what will help you feel like you are living as the best version of yourself.
How to get started:
I work online, via secure video call, in weekly or fortnightly 50 minute sessions. If you would like to have an informal chat about how I might be able to help, please go to https://emmabrookegilding.practicebetter.io/#/62d7f2a54a67778dfd6de8c0/bookings to see my calendar and book in.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience has taught me that it is often not about a specific tool or technique brought into the therapeutic relationship, but rather the genuine human connection between therapist / coach and client which can be of greatest benefit. To know that there is someone who isn't going to judge you, or anyone else, outside of your day to day life, who supports you and believes in you is something sadly not enough people have experienced. This external support goes a huge way towards assisting you to build your own strength and resilience and to help you heal whatever it is that has been stopping you reaching full happiness.
That said, my training and qualifications are below:
- Certificate in Group Therapeutic Facilitation - Spirit Project Counselling and Therapy Training - completed December 2023
- In house training in working with Neuro-divergent people with Spill - January 2023
- Internal Family Systems Introductory Workshop - July 2022
- Contemporary Spirituality (module from the Masters programme) - Alef Trust - completed 2021
- ICF ACC Qualifying Coaching Certificate - Coachayra - completed 2020
- Professional Training in Gestalt Therapy - Terrigal Gestalt Institute - completed 2019
- Therapeutic Coaching Skills Certificate - The Integrated Coaching Academy - Awarded 2017
- 100 hour Mindfulness Teacher Training - Teach Mindfulness with Shamash Alidina - Completed 2016
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling (leading to membership of the National Counselling Society and the Accredited Voluntary Register) - Chrysalis Courses - Awarded November 2014
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Affiliated with the National Hypnotherapy Society) - Chrysalis Courses - Awarded November 2011
- Certificate in Counselling - Institute of Counselling - awarded 2010
- CYQ Level 3 Yoga Teacher - Yoga Professionals - awarded 2009
- BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management with Graduate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (C.I.P.D.) and Placement Year - University of Central Lancashire, Preston - September 2002 – May 2006 Classification: 2:1, Distinction in Placement
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Eastern Philosophy
- A Course in Miracles
- Life Coaching
- Therapeutic Life Coaching
- Law of Attraction
£70.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
50 min online or telephone sessions (with access to my secure online client portal or app and all the additional resources that provides) - £70
10% discount for block bookings of 4 sessions (after the first session)
Book a complimentary 30 min consultation here: https://emmabrookegilding.practicebetter.io/#/62d7f2a54a67778dfd6de8c0/bookings
When I work