Dawn Walker-Smith BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP
Hello and welcome. I'm Dawn and I am a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I am fully qualified and registered and offer both short and long term counselling and psychotherapy in Spalding.
Sometimes life can be challenging and it can often be difficult to see how we can move forward and make things better for ourselves. You may be experiencing anxiety, depression, low moods or relationship difficulties, whatever difficulties you are having, I believe that we each have the capacity for change to take place, we might just need a little help sometimes.
Counselling can provide a place for you to take time out from your problems in order to understand your difficulties and challenges and see things from a different perspective. Together we can explore what might be holding you back and begin the process of lasting change. It can be isolating to struggle on alone, so perhaps it's time to try a different way. Don't keep putting it off, it could change your life
Please see my website: www.dawnwalkersmith.co.uk for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy (First Class), gained at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute in Nottingham in partnership with Staffordshire University.
- Foundation Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy, gained at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute in Nottingham.
- ABC Awards Certificate in Counselling Concepts, gained at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute in Nottingham.
- I have completed additional professional training in Working with Trauma, Working with the victims of Sexual Violence, Working with clients with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Bereavement work, Working with Gender Variant clients, supporting Dissociative Identity Disorders (D.I.D.), Working with Mental Health Disorders and the use of Mindfulness in therapy.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I abide by their Ethical codes of practice. Please search www.bacp.co.uk for further details.
I am committed to Continuous Professional Development and also attend regular Supervision to ensure my practice is ethical and provides a high quality of standard to my clients.
I hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
I offer one-to-one Counselling and Psychotherapy at £45 per session.
I offer a reduced rate to trainee counsellors who are currently attending a course.
I also provide a free 15 mins telephone consultation for you to tell me a little about what is troubling you and I can assess if I believe it's something I can help with. Please phone or text me stating a convenient time for me to call you back.
When it comes to choosing a therapist it can be confusing with so many different types of counselling on offer. Personally I believe that it is the relationship between you and your Counsellor that will make the change.
I offer a free 15 mins telephone consultation so that you can tell me a bit about what's troubling you, if I think I can help I'll suggest that we have an initial assessment to give us the chance to meet and see how we feel about working together. You are not obligated to sign up or continue for any set number of sessions.
I offer therapy at premises in Spalding. My office is centrally located with good road and rail links, it is also fully disabled accessible with several free car parking spaces available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|