Hello, I am a qualified and accredited counsellor working privately and in the NHS. I offer to support clients with a range of issues including abuse, anger, anxiety & stress, addiction, depression, relationship including infidelity, self confidence & workplace issues on a short, medium or long term basis.
Clients I see come to counselling for many reasons, these include:
- to explore, for example, why they are feeling down or anxious.
- to clarify, gain or increase awareness of specific difficulties they are experiencing.
- to reflect and start to understand unhelpful patterns of thoughts, feelings or behaviours, with a view to finding their new pathway to a more satisfying way of being in the world.
The decision to start counselling can be daunting. The relationship between the client and counsellor is important and together, we will aim to establish a safe, trusting and supportive environment. This will be your confidential space to bring what is important to you.
Please contact me via either telephone or email to arrange an initial session. Where we can discuss the issues you are experiencing that have brought you to therapy and explore how we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Level Diploma in Counselling (Advanced TA )
- Certification in Advanced Counselling
- Certification in Bereavement & Loss
- Certification in Working with Trauma
- Certification in Interpersonal Neurobiology
Currently also working for NHS IAPT Services
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with